• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Edge 600 Engine interchangeability????

R
Nov 16, 2016
I have a 2002 Edge 600 sled. The sled itself is in rough condition. The engine appears to be good and it runs very well.

I also have a cherry year 2000 Edge 800 chassis with no engine in it.
I have the exhaust system for both chassis.

I am hoping that the 2002 600 engine can be fit into the 2000 800 chasis.

Can this be done?
Any tricks that I may need to know about?

Rick E.

B
Dec 4, 2014
Spokane, WA
I have a 2002 Edge 600 sled. The sled itself is in rough condition. The engine appears to be good and it runs very well.

I also have a cherry year 2000 Edge 800 chassis with no engine in it.
I have the exhaust system for both chassis.

I am hoping that the 2002 600 engine can be fit into the 2000 800 chasis.

Can this be done?
Any tricks that I may need to know about?

Rick E.

Are you sure the 2000 is an edge? Pretty sure it would be a Gen2 chassis.

Anywho, it can be done. From the 2000 you would need the engine mounts, exhaust (IIRC), verify the orientation of the water pump outlet between the two engines, and take the CDI from the 02 and put it in the 00.

R
Nov 16, 2016
Are you sure the 2000 is an edge? Pretty sure it would be a Gen2 chassis.
You may be correct! I'll double check.

Anywho, it can be done. From the 2000 you would need the engine mounts, exhaust (IIRC), verify the orientation of the water pump outlet between the two engines, and take the CDI from the 02 and put it in the 00.
Got it! Thank you!

Clarification:

The donor sled is the 2002. Good engine, but the chassis is in rather poor condition.

The recipient sled is the 2000 with no engine but has a great chassis.
I have the exhaust system for it.

I know that these are not quite worth putting much effort into. None-the-less, I thought that it may be a fairly inexpensive means of having an extra sled.

Here is the donor sled (left side) and the recipient (right side).

Attachments

• package deal.jpg
    package deal.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Polaris 800 no engine.jpg
    Polaris 800 no engine.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
O

olymon

Can be done fairly easy. I threw a old triple ultra motor in a 2000 xc chassis just because I had the motor and sled. Time and patients, and maybe a few beverages also. :D

That rough donor sled looks better than mine. Had Ha

Making JIS screws into junk

B
Dec 4, 2014
Spokane, WA
Clarification:

The donor sled is the 2002. Good engine, but the chassis is in rather poor condition.

The recipient sled is the 2000 with no engine but has a great chassis.
I have the exhaust system for it.

I know that these are not quite worth putting much effort into. None-the-less, I thought that it may be a fairly inexpensive means of having an extra sled.

Here is the donor sled (left side) and the recipient (right side).

Pretty straight forward swap since you have both sleds...errr I see that the 800 doesn't have the engine in it, you'll need to buy the engine mounts if it doesn't have them. Check ebay or babbittsonline for the mounts. The big thing is using the engine mounts from the 00 to orient the engine correctly in the chassis.

Now that I think about it the exhaust from the 00 may not work on the 02 engine since you are going from an 800 down to a 600, I don't think the ypipe will bolt up as I think the ypipe is oriented 180*. Probably should mock it up or check before disassembling the 02 chassis' for the swap.

Your donor sled looks in way better condition than my 02 that I swapped an engine into. Lol.

Last edited:
R
Nov 16, 2016
Pretty straight forward swap since you have both sleds...errr I see that the 800 doesn't have the engine in it, you'll need to buy the engine mounts if it doesn't have them. Check ebay or babbittsonline for the mounts. The big thing is using the engine mounts from the 00 to orient the engine correctly in the chassis.

Now that I think about it the exhaust from the 00 may not work on the 02 engine since you are going from an 800 down to a 600, I don't think the ypipe will bolt up as I think the ypipe is oriented 180*. Probably should mock it up or check before disassembling the 02 chassis' for the swap.

Your donor sled looks in way better condition than my 02 that I swapped an engine into. Lol.

Baden, thank you for the response. Much appreciated.

I have both exhaust systems...... the 02 600 and the 00 800.
I need to check and see if I have the 2000 engine mount. If not, I can contact the man who I bought the 00 800 from, and ask if he still has it.

As for the donor sled, I don't know if there is a market for any of the 02 parts. I had planned on placing an ad on our local C/L.
BTW, did you notice that the 02's right trailing arm is red, and that the left arm is gray?
Someone must have crashed this thing at one time.

The 00 sled is pretty cherry.

anyway....... thank you again.

Last edited:
B
Dec 4, 2014
Spokane, WA
As for the donor sled, I don't know if there is a market for any of the 02 parts. I had planned on placing an ad on our local C/L.

CL is a good place to start and maybe even in the classified section here; 'mountain sledder swapmeet' on facebook is pretty good too if you are on there. The only issue about posting anywhere other than CL is having to deal with shipping of the big items. Though, the edge trail arms seem to be a hot item wherever I look.

Premium Features