• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M Series Ski's

I
Dec 6, 2007
All,

I'm fairly new to the snowmobiling world and would like some advice on ski's for my M8, would like to hear everyone's opinions and what are the best and the worst.

Thanks,

Iowaboy63

C

cowkiller

Nov 26, 2007
Eugene Or.
simmons

I like simmons but I have not tried the others. I have seen a group of us sidehilling and the boys with the stock skies not be able to hold their line. simmons much better in almost all conditions

tsnowak

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
have had C&A's before but now run SLP powd pro's, and love them. very forgiving but still turn way better than stock, esp. in deeper snow. would really like to try their SLT ski, some really like them too.

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
Cat's stock skis SUCK! From experience, simmons and slp powder pros work very well. I would like to try the slydogs but I won't change my powder pros unless they somehow break!

D
Nov 26, 2007
Tonasket Wa
slydogs

Tried out a set of new slydogs today. Only could do a road ride do to a lack of snow. I was only riding in about a foot of snow and found out real quick they hate snow with a inch and half of crust on top. About wrecked twice on flat level ground. After studing what they where doing; it appears that because they are alot more pointed at the tip of the ski and flater they want to cut threw the crust instead of staying up on top. I had took the stock skis off my 07 M8 and put them on a 02 mountain cat and watched that sled go threw the crust as a comparison. I'm sorry to say the stock ski's did a better job with no head shake. I guess I well have to wait for some good powder to give them a honest shake down. One thing I love about the slydogs is there flexability; when you hit ditches or woops they smooth it out great. There like having a shock for your shocks.

SoDakCat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Stickney SD
i really like my simmons skis on my m7. If i had to buy a new set i would probably get simmons again or the x-mts look real interesting and ive heard good things about mods so i would take a look at those.

most skis are made a little different so they act a little different. Some are made for really light soft snow and others are made for a more heavy snow and some are a blend or more all around type of ski. it all depends on your riding conditions.

Premium Features