• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

mountain cat fuel probs.. help??

V
Dec 7, 2007
Froid,Montana
yea.....i had the same problem with my 800 and i took a coat hanger and fished out the pickup lines and one was stuck shut. i pumped it by hand a few times....put them back in the tank and it started right up

O
Jan 13, 2008
This may or may not be an issue you face that I just resolved on a 92 Mountain Cat EXT 550. Although mine is carbed. The fuel pump uses Crank Case Pulses in order to draw fuel. It had a front crank seal leak which would not allow it to develop the pulse on the #1 Cylinder. Started poorly, ran poorly, would not rev up, was difficult to keep running in general. A compression and cylinder leak down test was inconclusive. By removing the intake and blocking the ports I was able to use low psi air pressure to pressurize the crank case and then listen for excaping air. Replaced the front seal, sync'd the carbs and runs like a Champ once more...........

Premium Features