• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dragon Saver Fix kit

B

boondocker155

Sep 5, 2013
Hey so there's a guy out of mapleton utah that sells a fix kit for a pro. They're called the dragon saver kit. It's very similar to the Mtntk kit. I believe that the spacer is just 15 thousandths thinner. Anyway my question is if any of you guys are running this set up? How are your sleds running? They say its 6 HP gain and it'll hold better rpm. I just wanted to hear some real world results. Any feedback would be great, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Why wouldn't you just stick with one of the major brands that are tried and known to be running well?

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
I've put in a ton of MTNTK kits with no problems. Please take the time to do two things. 1. take the motor down to the crank and check it out it will save you a second job. 9 of 10 show pto rod or main bearing failure coming soon.
2. reason for rod or main bearing failure IMO air box leaks belt dust and crap into motor, clean the reeds and the rubber they are in you will be amazed at the grit in them, then caulk the seams and this rocket is ready for many miles of fun.

J

jeepin270

Aug 27, 2009
Maine
I've put in a ton of MTNTK kits with no problems. Please take the time to do two things. 1. take the motor down to the crank and check it out it will save you a second job. 9 of 10 show pto rod or main bearing failure coming soon.
2. reason for rod or main bearing failure IMO air box leaks belt dust and crap into motor, clean the reeds and the rubber they are in you will be amazed at the grit in them, then caulk the seams and this rocket is ready for many miles of fun.

When you say caulk the seams, do you mean caulk around the reed cage after it has been installed or do you actually caulk around the base of the cage?

R
Mar 11, 2009
Utah
DRAGON SAVER

I have 500 miles on my 2008 Dragon with the Dragon saver kit no problems so far. Also it really seemed to wake up the sled. I love mine when im out of warranty on my 2013 Assault I will buy another from them for it.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
My bad , I ment the seams on your air box make it so only air comes in the top and try to make that a good seal too to get outside air.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
My bad , I ment the seams on your air box make it so only air comes in the top and try to make that a good seal too to get outside air.

Are you talking the pro or iq box? Pro box looks alot better then the iq box.

Siliconing or taping only does much with the iq box. It vibrates and splits the tap or silicone comes loose.

I zip tied the box together at the tabs and then taped the seems. Only way i could get the tape not to split from the box seam opening and closing during vibration from motor running.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
1/4" closed cell foam tape works good on the airbox shelf. Next seam is good if you add a 1" closed cell foam handmade "donut" to help apply a bit more pressure from the hood. It will also seal up the third seam.
Next, the plenum in the hood needs to be installed correctly then taped all the way around (I used high quality 1/2' wide black duct tape) and add 2, 1/8th" aluminum rivets to hold it in place right around the "U" area near the steering post.
Finally 2 open cell "donuts" to finish the sealing at the hood intakes.

That's for a '13 Pro.

Premium Features