• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Question/Challenge to the Clubs with the Ski doo promotion money

psychoneurosis

Premium Member
Oct 15, 2008
Longmont CO
www.psychoneurosisracing.com
Our Club has some money coming from the Skidoo promotion where they had club members fill out forms that were worth $10 each to the Club

http://corp.brp.com/en-CA/Media.Center/Press.Releases/1/02-17-2010.htm?utm_source=BRP&utm_medium=RSS

This was unexpected money to us and we are thinking of donating half of it to a regional group (BRC, CSA, COHVCO) to help fund the fight to protect riding areas, since so much of this fight takes place above the Club level.

Obviously not every club can do this but I wanted to see if other clubs would be willing to step up and do the same thing. There is a lot of fight to be made out there and I think this would be a good place to use this money.

D

Dobber1

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Have any of the clubs actually received any of the Ski Doo money yet?

......and do you think we will? Hard enough to get the 50 hrs grooming funds for the fuel tax from state parks!(But that's another issue) Good idea, and I will bring it up at our next/last meeting though.

Not sure how many read the fine print, but I think the biggest participation from a club in both the east & west are to win sleds also? We had very little participation from our club. Had I read the fine print before the last day to get the forms in, we would have had 100% participation....if you know what I mean? :face-icon-small-win

psychoneurosis

Premium Member
Oct 15, 2008
Longmont CO
www.psychoneurosisracing.com
......and do you think we will? Hard enough to get the 50 hrs grooming funds for the fuel tax from state parks!(But that's another issue) Good idea, and I will bring it up at our next/last meeting though.

Not sure how many read the fine print, but I think the biggest participation from a club in both the east & west are to win sleds also? We had very little participation from our club. Had I read the fine print before the last day to get the forms in, we would have had 100% participation....if you know what I mean? :face-icon-small-win

Our Club has not gotten the money yet, but I am sure it is coming. Think it would be a PR nightmare for Ski doo if they did not pay it out.

We were directed to the fine print by our local dealer, which resulted in a similar level of participation. :face-icon-small-hap

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Our club has received the money. It's not a big fortune, but we did get it. I think we would be willing to do the same thing but I think it make more sense if all the clubs agreed on one source for the money. That way we are not donating $30 here, $70 there to different places.

Premium Features