• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Heading to Cooke City March 3-8 and have room for 2 more

Borderstaff

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul MN
My brother and I are headed to Cooke March 3-8 and two of our group backed out. We're looking for 1-2 more people to go with. We live around White Bear Lake MN but could pick anyone up on the way to Cooke. We have one room booked at Antlers - you can stay with us to save money with us or get your own room. Gas and hotel split evenly between all. I'm towing a 4 place enclosed behind a Suburban so your sleds will stay clean. We're parking in the lot east of town and riding the last 10 miles in. Leaving from the Twin Cities Tuesday March 3 around 5pm and driving straight through then riding Wed.-Sat. and coming home EARLY Sunday AM to be home around 10pm.

I'm 32 and he's 28, we both ride 153 M7's and are experienced riders with multiple trips out west (although its been 10 years since I've been to Cooke and he hasn't ridden there yet). We both have avy gear and know how to use it. You can ride with us or go out on your own - it up to you.

Anyone interested in coming along???

Last edited:
S

Scandianels

Feb 9, 2008
Minnesota
might be interested. What type of riding do you mostly do? High marking all day, or...?

Been to Cooke once, and Gallatin area several times in the last 10 years.

Steve / Stillwater

Borderstaff

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul MN
How much?

Gas to get there and room come to approx $920 split by 3 or 4 people. Figure in about $120 for sled gas, $100 for food, and tags for Montana and maybe Wyoming ($45 for the two?)
We pack snacks and usually don't come in it noon...
...So whole trip is about ~ $500 to $650 for 4 days of riding and 4 nights motel.

We prefer to just play and explore - highmarking is low on the list. Boondocking is high.

L

lynxer292b

Jan 19, 2009
If you were going a week later I would take you guys up on that sounds like alot of fun! I have to be at the Black Cat in Thief River Falls for the SledShack.com get together. I would have liked to get the M8 out being we dont have any snow around here!

Premium Features