• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Motor Mounts Shot Again!!

B

biggsy90

Jan 8, 2015
Fort Collins, CO
2006 900. Just pulled the engine again to replace 2 more injectors and found that all 4 Motor mounts are shot! Replaced them last year and really havent ridden it hard at all. Still not running right and I dont think these have more than 100 miles on them. I did put in SLP torque arm and mag side bumper (cant remember the name right now). When i put the engine back in last time everything seemed to line up just fine. adjusted the torque rod so that it would easily bolt up.

motor has a TM1 crank and indy dan clutch that was done last engine pull. I did put red locktite on all the bolts and used an impact wrench to take out the rear motor mount bolts.

Im pretty sure I bought polaris mounts last time. Just ordered some new ones.

Any ideas why these didnt last very long? could it be from the surging that I still havent gotten rid of? Or am I doing something wrong when I put it back in?

Im hoping to get this thing running someday!

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
2006 900. Just pulled the engine again to replace 2 more injectors and found that all 4 Motor mounts are shot! Replaced them last year and really havent ridden it hard at all. Still not running right and I dont think these have more than 100 miles on them. I did put in SLP torque arm and mag side bumper (cant remember the name right now). When i put the engine back in last time everything seemed to line up just fine. adjusted the torque rod so that it would easily bolt up.

motor has a TM1 crank and indy dan clutch that was done last engine pull. I did put red locktite on all the bolts and used an impact wrench to take out the rear motor mount bolts.

Im pretty sure I bought polaris mounts last time. Just ordered some new ones.

Any ideas why these didnt last very long? could it be from the surging that I still havent gotten rid of? Or am I doing something wrong when I put it back in?

Im hoping to get this thing running someday!

Are your torque stops and bump stomps set correctly? I'm still going on my same set of motor mounts that I put in 2 seasons ago and they are still looking good, no cracks.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Compfusion motor mounts maybe motor plate??
Maybe search and find the DIY thread for beefing them up.. 06 worked better than 05's
and HPE had some severe duty type??

B

biggsy90

Jan 8, 2015
Fort Collins, CO
pretty sure I used the HPE last time, so using polaris this time. After all of this, I sure hope it runs, getting tired of working on it. maybe an axys in my future!

Premium Features