• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ascender turbo kits? Reviews?

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
It looks like Arctic Cat has had a good sales year this season with the new Ascender platform, and I would think that some have turboed them also this season.

Anybody with first hand experience on any turbo kits by any makers? Good or bad?

Looking at maybe buying a kit next year.

N
Dec 3, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Also would like to know as I am looking to upgrade to an alpha and would like to turbo..... I have a boost it kit for a proclimb which I will make work on the new motor, not worried about that.. but like the post says... any feed back on the turbos out there????

D

doudea

Sep 20, 2009
Western Slope
In my opinion the speedwerx supercharger is head and shoulders above anything else for the cats.

Currently im on an axys, i wish there was a super charger kit for them. Just my humble opinion.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Also would like to know as I am looking to upgrade to an alpha and would like to turbo..... I have a boost it kit for a proclimb which I will make work on the new motor, not worried about that.. but like the post says... any feed back on the turbos out there????

You are only a few steps away from the good stuff right here.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
In my opinion the speedwerx supercharger is head and shoulders above anything else for the cats.

Currently im on an axys, i wish there was a super charger kit for them. Just my humble opinion.

Have heard that the supercharger kits don’t really make that much more horsepower then a stock, and people kinda get dissapointed about them.

Ive always had turbos, and with the technology today, the turbo lag problem is more or less gone.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Low numbers this year in order to get some good testing. Everything is going good and they rock! We run a little different program than most. I would rather sell 5 awesome kits than 50 sub-par kits. We try to install and tune them here if possible so we know when we load the sled up it is 100%.

Most of my customers that bought 2018 Mountain Cat's planned to ride them close to stock this year and boost next year. I found that a lot of guys wanted to make sure the engine was reliable and use the warranty if they needed. All the feedback has been good and we are starting to schedule 2018 and 2019 builds now.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Low numbers this year in order to get some good testing. Everything is going good and they rock! We run a little different program than most. I would rather sell 5 awesome kits than 50 sub-par kits. We try to install and tune them here if possible so we know when we load the sled up it is 100%.

Most of my customers that bought 2018 Mountain Cat's planned to ride them close to stock this year and boost next year. I found that a lot of guys wanted to make sure the engine was reliable and use the warranty if they needed. All the feedback has been good and we are starting to schedule 2018 and 2019 builds now.

Do you sell the kits without install? I live in Norway so a install by you would be impossible.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Yes we do.......unless you want to drive over and drop you sled off and the come back in a week:face-icon-small-hap

We have a lot of international customers and will open that door here in about a month. I need to set down and take some pictures and do up some good instructions for self-installs an we will be able to help you out.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
FYI - Silber's ECU reflash kit is done. Its amazing. And it comes in at $3295. No control box. Install, pull the rope, ride.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Any experience with their kit?

I work for them ;)

Its tunerless. Exact same as our other kits. You'll see a lot of content for it coming down the pipe in the next few weeks. If you are in Victor, ID let me know!

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
I just saw that on facebook. Looks good, hope it performs well also.

But, do you have an option for buying a new ECU to be reflashed? Im located in Norway, and to ship my ECU down to you for reflashing, im looking at a down time for my sled at about 3-4weeks. This late in the season I would rather not.

S

skidder

Jan 25, 2010
Silber Turbo's has terrible customer service, we have their axy's kit and the the machines are detonating. we called Justin and his answer is"i dunno check your belt deflection or clutch bushings" that answer is an insult to most peoples intelligence. I would NOT give SILBER 5 cents for their kit ever again

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Had an axys silber that my buddy stii has and a 850 silber. 850 is flawless. Axys runs great 99% of the time. Once in a while it will sputter and then it just cleans up and runs like a champ. I think it's a Polaris issue. Justin has answered the phone the two times I've called. The 850 is the best running turbo I ever had. My bet is it's awesome.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Silber Turbo's has terrible customer service, we have their axy's kit and the the machines are detonating. we called Justin and his answer is"i dunno check your belt deflection or clutch bushings" that answer is an insult to most peoples intelligence. I would NOT give SILBER 5 cents for their kit ever again

It's easy to blame the turbo when a sled doesn't run. Most of the time it is an issue with the components not associated with the turbo kit. Polaris uses 50 cent relays, crappy wiring, tps that goes out of spec. Most likely you have metal against metal banging some where giving false det readings. You might be over revving. Could be numourous things not concerning the turbo kit. Is there a reason you couldn't call one of Justin's dealers for help?

U

Uncle Bob

Feb 15, 2011
I work for them ;)

Its tunerless. Exact same as our other kits. You'll see a lot of content for it coming down the pipe in the next few weeks. If you are in Victor, ID let me know!

"exact same as our other kits" Be careful

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
We'll have video following Jackson.

I've said this MANY times. My name and email is listed right on the website. So is my phone number (though due to my other jobs, its usually best you text, email, or FB message me).

I will respond every single time.

Justin is the guy engineering everything, running a business etc. He does an awesome job, especially considering the volume of calls he gets, but as TurboLess Terry mentioned, *so* many of the "turbo" issues are in fact Polaris (or otherwise) issues. Its hard for Justin to sit on the phone and diagnose a bad injector, bad relay etc when his kit is running 100% fine.

In any event, my email is always open - Jeff@silberturbos.com - Nobody has ever sent me a note that I did not reply to or gave a half assed answer.

Justin has taken some steps to improve his company since inception, ECU reflash being one of many.

If you want to judge the company based off growing pains seen early on, so bet it, but it is a stellar product, and in the Cat world something you boys haven't seen yet (ECU reflash)

As far as the gentleman from Norway goes - we do not have a remote reflash facility there yet. Your best bet would be to buy in a month when you riding season shuts down and get ready for 19!

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
We'll have video following Jackson.

As far as the gentleman from Norway goes - we do not have a remote reflash facility there yet. Your best bet would be to buy in a month when you riding season shuts down and get ready for 19!

Is there no way I could buy a new ECU from you? I would still prefer to have my stock ecu in original condition. Just in case I need to go stock.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Is there no way I could buy a new ECU from you? I would still prefer to have my stock ecu in original condition. Just in case I need to go stock.

Possibly. Best thing to do would be order one direct from Cat and send us the one we are reflashing. We can always reflash it back to stock, as I'm guessing any dealer can do as well.

Premium Features