For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 07:36 AM
Currently: almost ready for winter
Thanked 5,322 Times in 2,763 Posts
backcountryislife has a reputation beyond reputebackcountryislife has a reputation beyond reputebackcountryislife has a reputation beyond reputebackcountryislife has a reputation beyond reputebackcountryislife has a reputation beyond reputebackcountryislife has a reputation beyond reputebackcountryislife has a reputation beyond reputebackcountryislife has a reputation beyond reputebackcountryislife has a reputation beyond reputebackcountryislife has a reputation beyond reputebackcountryislife has a reputation beyond repute
Default has anyone run the c3 XM post forward kit, with or without their post?

I'm looking to make the post as vertical as possible, and have the ablity to get as far forward as I can on this chassis. I see a lot of folks who have the c3 setup on the xp, which seems to me to be 1" more forward than the XM, but c3 makes the XM kit that goes another inch forward from that even...

Wondering if anyone is running that setup, and if so, any feedback on it?

Your source for BMFAB boards & bumpers, BDX, Speed Shop inc, YAMALUBE, EVS armor & braces, Renthal bars

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-22-2013, 08:08 AM
Currently: what next
Basic Member
dicey has a reputation beyond reputedicey has a reputation beyond reputedicey has a reputation beyond reputedicey has a reputation beyond reputedicey has a reputation beyond reputedicey has a reputation beyond reputedicey has a reputation beyond reputedicey has a reputation beyond reputedicey has a reputation beyond reputedicey has a reputation beyond reputedicey has a reputation beyond repute

You can't move your post forward without doing something to straighten it ,the bend in the post hits that aluminium cross bar above your pipe there is less than 1/2" clearance

The Following User Says Thank You to dicey For This Useful Post:
backcountryislife (03-23-2013)
Old 03-22-2013, 08:31 AM
Currently: Not set.
Premium Member
Thanked 2,918 Times in 1,601 Posts
winter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond repute

C3 has a straight post for the XM.
Keep in mind the XM is already much farther forward than the Cat or Polaris already.
After getting used to the Doo style steering ( and riding style that goes with it) I prefer it to the vertical...and I rode a M-Cat for a couple years and loved it. I find more advantages to the slightly layed back post than I do with the vertical...keeps the bars closer to the rider, not forcing the rider forward as far to "reach" when bars are turned. JMO-
That being said, I have spoken with several people who have gone to the forward post and like the results, others didn't notice any advantage ....It comes down to personal preference I suppose.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winter brew For This Useful Post:
dbest (03-22-2013), EhGent orange (03-22-2013), mfatty (03-24-2013)
Old 03-22-2013, 10:34 AM
backcountryislife has a reputation beyond reputebackcountryislife has a reputation beyond reputebackcountryislife has a reputation beyond reputebackcountryislife has a reputation beyond reputebackcountryislife has a reputation beyond reputebackcountryislife has a reputation beyond reputebackcountryislife has a reputation beyond reputebackcountryislife has a reputation beyond reputebackcountryislife has a reputation beyond reputebackcountryislife has a reputation beyond reputebackcountryislife has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicey View Post
You can't move your post forward without doing something to straighten it ,the bend in the post hits that aluminium cross bar above your pipe there is less than 1/2" clearance
from C3 in the XM specific kit:
"The kit is easiest to install if you use the straight steering post but will work with the stock post if you are willing to do extensive air box modifications. "

You're thinking it's hitting the cross bar though, not just the air box?

Either way, I think the straight post is the way I'd go for sure.

Your source for BMFAB boards & bumpers, BDX, Speed Shop inc, YAMALUBE, EVS armor & braces, Renthal bars

Old 03-22-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter brew View Post
C3 has a straight post for the XM.
Keep in mind the XM is already much farther forward than the Cat or Polaris already.
After getting used to the Doo style steering ( and riding style that goes with it) I prefer it to the vertical...and I rode a M-Cat for a couple years and loved it. I find more advantages to the slightly layed back post than I do with the vertical...keeps the bars closer to the rider, not forcing the rider forward as far to "reach" when bars are turned. JMO-
That being said, I have spoken with several people who have gone to the forward post and like the results, others didn't notice any advantage ....It comes down to personal preference I suppose.
Well... Where the post comes out, IS further forward than cat & poo, but if you run the riser inline with the post like you mention, you're actually further back than on a cat anyhow. I'll have a 4-6" adjustable riser on it, (likely set at about 4.5 from what I can tell) which will move me forward some, but anything I can do to get the post more linear, and more vertical I can't see being a bad thing for me anyhow. I very much prefer the post in line, but I like the riding position, with it more vertical, I'm hoping this accomplishes this.

I plan to put the riser I want on first & see of that, when set up properly for me gets me where I want to be. Who knows, maybe that will feel like the sweet spot for me.

The other question though, if I were to do the kit, and NOT like it, could I keep their post in, or is there not room for that?

Old 03-22-2013, 01:23 PM
caper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't the post position adjustable on the xm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-22-2013, 02:06 PM
Thanked 1,172 Times in 604 Posts
turboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond repute

Rassmussen is going to have a kit for sale next year. I am not sure how far forward his was from stock. He said I would like it better since I was used to a pro. He only had two set up that way and I forgot about trying one, to see if I liked it, until it was too late. All his bars were set 3 inches lower than stock. If it were mine I would come up one inch.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper11 View Post
Isn't the post position adjustable on the xm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From what I understand it is, but it comes in the forward position, and I'd like to go more forward than that ideally.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 2

Old 03-22-2013, 11:15 PM
Currently: what next
Basic Member
dicey has a reputation beyond reputedicey has a reputation beyond reputedicey has a reputation beyond reputedicey has a reputation beyond reputedicey has a reputation beyond reputedicey has a reputation beyond reputedicey has a reputation beyond reputedicey has a reputation beyond reputedicey has a reputation beyond reputedicey has a reputation beyond reputedicey has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if it would hit that bar if you only went like mabey1" there is 1/2" inch clearance between that tube and your steering post, just take off your clutch guard and look in there its at the bend I have never seen the c3 kits so can't say about that. Just looked at it as I was interested in doing this myself.

The Following User Says Thank You to dicey For This Useful Post:
backcountryislife (03-23-2013)
Old 03-23-2013, 07:47 AM
Currently: is Ready to RIDE!!!
Red-eye has a reputation beyond reputeRed-eye has a reputation beyond reputeRed-eye has a reputation beyond reputeRed-eye has a reputation beyond reputeRed-eye has a reputation beyond reputeRed-eye has a reputation beyond reputeRed-eye has a reputation beyond reputeRed-eye has a reputation beyond reputeRed-eye has a reputation beyond reputeRed-eye has a reputation beyond reputeRed-eye has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.c3powersports.com/content...st-forward-kit
Give them a call, great customer service.

Old 03-23-2013, 04:26 PM
Basic Member
Ola is an unknown quantity at this point
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 03-23-2013, 09:32 PM
Currently: Breathing
Basic Member
BoonDockinSummit has a reputation beyond reputeBoonDockinSummit has a reputation beyond reputeBoonDockinSummit has a reputation beyond reputeBoonDockinSummit has a reputation beyond reputeBoonDockinSummit has a reputation beyond reputeBoonDockinSummit has a reputation beyond reputeBoonDockinSummit has a reputation beyond reputeBoonDockinSummit has a reputation beyond reputeBoonDockinSummit has a reputation beyond reputeBoonDockinSummit has a reputation beyond reputeBoonDockinSummit has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BoonDockinSummit For This Useful Post:
backcountryislife (03-23-2013), SkidooSteve12 (09-26-2014)
Old 03-23-2013, 10:08 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-23-2013, 10:12 PM
deaner has a reputation beyond reputedeaner has a reputation beyond reputedeaner has a reputation beyond reputedeaner has a reputation beyond reputedeaner has a reputation beyond reputedeaner has a reputation beyond reputedeaner has a reputation beyond reputedeaner has a reputation beyond reputedeaner has a reputation beyond reputedeaner has a reputation beyond reputedeaner has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-23-2013, 10:19 PM

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to backcountryislife For This Useful Post:
mynewuseddoo (03-24-2013)
Old 03-23-2013, 10:28 PM
Currently: [Too Long]
Thanked 2,079 Times in 1,314 Posts
m8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-23-2013, 10:34 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-24-2013, 01:00 AM
mynewuseddoo has a reputation beyond reputemynewuseddoo has a reputation beyond reputemynewuseddoo has a reputation beyond reputemynewuseddoo has a reputation beyond reputemynewuseddoo has a reputation beyond reputemynewuseddoo has a reputation beyond reputemynewuseddoo has a reputation beyond reputemynewuseddoo has a reputation beyond reputemynewuseddoo has a reputation beyond reputemynewuseddoo has a reputation beyond reputemynewuseddoo has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-24-2013, 07:17 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-24-2013, 06:36 PM
Premium Member
Thanked 2,918 Times in 1,601 Posts
winter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-24-2013, 08:06 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-26-2013, 04:55 PM
deaner has a reputation beyond reputedeaner has a reputation beyond reputedeaner has a reputation beyond reputedeaner has a reputation beyond reputedeaner has a reputation beyond reputedeaner has a reputation beyond reputedeaner has a reputation beyond reputedeaner has a reputation beyond reputedeaner has a reputation beyond reputedeaner has a reputation beyond reputedeaner has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-26-2013, 07:49 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-27-2013, 10:29 AM
Currently: throw em back!!!
146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-27-2013, 12:03 PM

Click Here to Register