• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MPI tunnel coolers causing icing

P

PF9090

Jan 16, 2009
Anyone else having trouble with the tunnel coolers dripping water on top suspension wheels when stopped for a bit and then freezeing them up. It happens once machine gets warm and you stop for a while wheels freeze up and will not turn. How do I stop this from happening?:face-icon-small-dis

P

PF9090

Jan 16, 2009
Stock wheels in the top hole. It freezes up between the drop bracket and the wheel. Solid ice

W

wilmot

Feb 3, 2010
Clearfield, UT
Once i get mine back on the snow i will have a look. I carry a little plastic garden shovel and get all the snow and ice off before loading on trailer. Maybe give it a try.

P

PF9090

Jan 16, 2009
Thanks, It don't freeze up unless I stop for a little break. If I clean it all out they will stay clean as long as I keep moving but freeze up as soon as stop again. Probably have to clean it out 3-4 times a day. Im really happy with how cool the sled runs with these coolers and the radiator deleted if I can just get this little issue resolved.

C

constech

Dec 31, 2010
Payson, UT
MPI cooling rails

I pulled the radiator and installed MPI cooling rails and love them. I haven't noticed the upper wheels freezing up though I am going to watch and see if mine is doing it also. I would call Mack at MPI if it happens I am sure they have heard about it and might have a solution.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
When I converted over to the Under Tunnel Exhaust and swapped out the plastic wheels for Aluminum I saw this BIG TIME.

Premium Features