• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who is the expert on what is going on .....

Thanks folks, for all of the posts in support of SAWS and what we try and do across the western United States to help save our riding areas. Much appreciated. :D

We obviously can not cover all of the closures that are occuring, but we do what we can with the time us SAWS volunteers have, and try and notify our members when we hear about a potential closure. But we also heavily rely on our members to provide us detailed info about possible closures in their back yards, so we can send the info to a much wider audience.

justadude,

Was it you that signed up yesterday and sent me the following email:

any closures in the Colockum area or near Reeser Cr. in Ellensburg??

If so, I did reply to your email yesterday with the following questions requesting more info:

• What type of closures are you referring to? I need more info.
  • Only winter closures to snowmobile use or some other type of closures? I usually only follow the ones that affect snowmobile use, although I am aware of many others.
  • New closures or closures that have been in place in past years?
  • State managed land (DNR, WDFW), Forest Service (FS) or Kittitas County?

There is usually some sort of closure occurring somewhere, but we try and find out before the closure takes affect, and then notify our members to write comment letters opposing snowmobile related closures.

Dave

Last edited:
J
Apr 11, 2008
North Bend , WA
Sorry, I have been getting killed at work.
It was me dude. I am interested in any type of closure. I use public lands year round.State managed land (DNR, WDFW), Forest Service (FS) or Kittitas County? Interested in them all. I feel a calling coming on!!!!!;)
Thanks folks, for all of the posts in support of SAWS and what we try and do across the western United States to help save our riding areas. Much appreciated. :D

We obviously can not cover all of the closures that are occuring, but we do what we can with the time us SAWS volunteers have, and try and notify our members when we hear about a potential closure. But we also heavily rely on our members to provide us detailed info about possible closures in their back yards, so we can send the info to a much wider audience.

justadude,

Was it you that signed up yesterday and sent me the following email:

If so, I did reply to your email yesterday with the following questions requesting more info:

• What type of closures are you referring to? I need more info.
  • Only winter closures to snowmobile use or some other type of closures? I usually only follow the ones that affect snowmobile use, although I am aware of many others.
  • New closures or closures that have been in place in past years?
  • State managed land (DNR, WDFW), Forest Service (FS) or Kittitas County?

There is usually some sort of closure occurring somewhere, but we try and find out before the closure takes affect, and then notify our members to write comment letters opposing snowmobile related closures.

Dave

Premium Features