• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Used 2017 F-350 Platinum or New 2018 GMC 2500 Denali

Which would you buy?

• 2017 Ford F-350 Platinum - Used w/ 20,000 miles for $65,000

Votes: 31 30.1%
  • 2018 GMC Denali - New w/ 20 miles for $60,000

Votes: 72 69.9%

• Total voters

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I think Ford and Brp have similar powertrain power loss.
Kinda Like going from a TH350 - TH400, sure it is a lot stronger but it will take more HP to turn it. Lose a few tenth's in the quater....

That's kinda what I was eluding to with my comment about Ford getting power to the ground. Obviously I like the Duramax, but in all truth...either of these power plants are going to do the work.

Bubba

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
turkey ridge sd
They both got a good truck i just love the dmax iv had3 of them never been to the shop with any problems with any of them. and i think ford has got to that point now. just like there old 7.3. run forever.

SuperchargedWS6

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2010
Have you sat in the back seat of each. I thought the gm was significantly smaller than the ford. That was a deal breaker for me, hauling full size guys to the mountains on 12hr trips.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Ford is absolutely the most comfortable crewcab long bed truck u can buy.... period!
Ram has some comfort in a mega cab but ur stuck with a tiny bed....
GM is afraid of giving comfort to the passengers......... no idea why? Kinda stupid.
I have a Dirty max, i apologize to the guys in the back seat.....

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Ford is absolutely the most comfortable crewcab long bed truck u can buy.... period!
Ram has some comfort in a mega cab but ur stuck with a tiny bed....
GM is afraid of giving comfort to the passengers......... no idea why? Kinda stupid.
I have a Dirty max, i apologize to the guys in the back seat.....

No doubt that the GM is smaller in the back. But I have plenty of room to sit back there. I guess if you are 6'4 you might be cramped. The new GM body is bigger in the cab. Took them forever but they did it.

H
Oct 14, 2009
Appleton Maine
I traded my 16 Chevy High Country duramax for a 17 brand new F350 Platinum Powerstoke. My F350 better MPG than the 2500 Dura. Interior is not a comparison. F350 Plat all but wipes your as_. The ride of the Chevy was a bit better, but to be expected. Power wasnt comparable between the Ford / chevy. The F350 is much more of a truck and by far best Truck I have ever owned. Things is a beast.

Bubba

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
turkey ridge sd
I traded my 16 Chevy High Country duramax for a 17 brand new F350 Platinum Powerstoke. My F350 better MPG than the 2500 Dura. Interior is not a comparison. F350 Plat all but wipes your as_. The ride of the Chevy was a bit better, but to be expected. Power wasnt comparable between the Ford / chevy. The F350 is much more of a truck and by far best Truck I have ever owned. Things is a beast.

16 verses 17 in the Dmax there is no comparison 17 has lots more power. my 17 LTZ has everything i could want. whats that 350 have that you like so well?

H
Oct 14, 2009
Appleton Maine
16 verses 17 in the Dmax there is no comparison 17 has lots more power. my 17 LTZ has everything i could want. whats that 350 have that you like so well?

The interior of the "16" High Country was dated for Chevy's best truck. The seats in the Platinum was WAAAY more comfortable. The room in the cab was not even close. The dash and electronics of the Platinum compared to the High Country is a laugher. The only thing that the Chevy had that was superior is the ride quality. The Chevy was 3/4 ton and the F350 is a Toner. Still think the GM rides better truck for truck.

The Ford pulls better, takes my sled deck better, much better head lights and they are automatic. Sunroof is much better as well. Plows snow way better!!
But its about $10k more on the price tag too..Not bashing GM at all. Ive had many. Just the Ford is much more than the GM for the time being anyway

BAndersonPolaris

Premium Member
Feb 14, 2018
I had a 15 Duramax. Great truck, then got in a fender bender. Switched to an 17 F 350. Mileage was worse on the ford. Nothing but computer problems for 6 months. Switched to an 18 Duramax. I average 20 mpg going 80 on SD interstate. Pulling anywhere from 10-13 where as the ford I never got over 9. Ford has better options but the Duramax has better power and mileage. I also have had stealth modules in both the ford and Chevy. But you’ll never beat the ride of the Chevy/gmc. Ford does have much more room in the cab. Lots of pros and cons for both. But the mileage of the Chevy is what out weighs everything for me

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
The interior of the "16" High Country was dated The dash and electronics of the Platinum compared to the High Country is a laugher.
The only thing that the Chevy had that was superior is the ride quality. g anyway

Other than in the Ford not all the knobs and buttons even look like they were designed by the same company or designer. Where in the chevy they all have the same look, feel and design. Yes, not as many bells and whistles but a cohesive design none the less.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
If going to GM from Ford, watch ur head when getting in.
My first few times i cracked my head on the low roof line. Lead with ur head.
Ya its stupid but its not a problem with Ford, just jump in.
When u crack head hard it kinda pisses u off l.

D
Jan 2, 2009
Coquitlam, BC
I went to a 2016 Silverado from Ford. Will not buy another. Expect to buy a Ford next go around. Too many squeaks and interior rattles. I mean, the seat squeak where the leather rubs against that stupid plastic thing that holds the seat controls is ridiculous. Dealer said not fixable.I checked the showroom floor on the 17's and they all do it.

D
Mar 13, 2014
Both good and you can't go wrong. GM seems to be extremely tough on warranty issues though. My buddy put wheels and tires on his, the drive line was pretty much oval and Chevy denied the claim due to wheels and tires...No lift. So he had to pay to get a new one. I have a 17 Ford and love it, as mentioned above I also had some squeaks I had to track down but I am very OCD about that. Also owned a S550 with some squeaks...so ya.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Both good and you can't go wrong. GM seems to be extremely tough on warranty issues though. My buddy put wheels and tires on his, the drive line was pretty much oval and Chevy denied the claim due to wheels and tires...No lift. So he had to pay to get a new one. I have a 17 Ford and love it, as mentioned above I also had some squeaks I had to track down but I am very OCD about that. Also owned a S550 with some squeaks...so ya.

Find a (local) Dealer that will learn how to write that up so that GM will cover that. Big difference in how it is entered into the computer.

Honestly, tires and wheels could be an issue there.

IFlyEm

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2008
Temecula, CA
So.... which one did you get? :)

I TOTALLY thought I posted my decision. Anyway, I ended up going with the 2018 Denali. So far I really like the truck. Haven't towed much with it yet but I will be soon!

<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yybibz05yDx_QP_XB8_2uN4NrqeCZ5KY/preview" width="640" height="480"></iframe>

Last edited:

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Great choice! Actually either truck would have been great to own. I recently swapped out my '17 F350 for a '19 High Country 2500 for the smoother ride and short bed.

Premium Features