• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha dumping oil when setting anyone else seen tbis problem?

HCR10

Premium Member
Jan 21, 2011
Draper UT
www.comfortchampions.com
I have alpha and everytime it set for a week i noticed it took a lo g time to clean out after start up. Then i let it set for 3 week in the trailer and noticed lots of oil on the floor. So i tried to start it and it started on one cylinder and died then yhe rope would not pull so i started checking things and found my oil tank was empty. After further investigation i found the motor was completely full of oil and hydraulic locked from all the oil so i pulled the plug and intake and found oil everywhere. Slent the time cleaned everything and got started but i filled oil tank and have watched it for 2 days and its going down again. Sorry so long just trying to figure out if anyone else is having tbe same issue.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
First i have heard of this with an electric oil pump.
Sorry it happened to u. Take it to the dealer and have them repair it under warranty.

Polaris

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Do you have a belt drive or regular chain case setup? Have seen this on a sled with a mountain valley kit on it. My TKI kit has not had this symptom. Solution was to store that sled with the front end elevated to get the oil ports above the oil pump

Premium Features