• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gooseneck Enclosed

FarmerTimBob

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2014
Looking to buy a new enclosed trailer. Me and brother are both gunna be moving here in the next year or so, so it only makes sense that it’s time to buy an enclosed trailer. Looking toward the gooseneck option as we both have 3/4 ton pickups. Also because they just seem to pull nicer. Basically would get used to head west a couple times a year and my dad would probly pull his old cars in it as well. Just looking for someone that owns one that has experience with any brand. Pros and cons.

willjogervais

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW Minnesota
I sold my bumper pull last summer and ordered a rance renegade goose. I was only interested in getting an all aluminum trailer. Both for corrosion/rust and weight savings. I did a lot of research b4 ordering, looked into Rance, Mission, ATC, featherlite, ect... In the end I went with Rance. It is what they call a 32', has a 24' box, and from the front of the goose to the back of the riser is 9.5', 7' height, 8.5' width. It pulls amazing, absolutely no side to side wiggle. Noticed a big difference passing semi's and not having them suck you in or blow you away from them. I'm sure the heavier weight helps with this as well. I pull it with a crew, one ton, short box ford with the 6.7. I didn't want a super long trailer and this one isn't that much longer hooked up than my 18+5v 3 place was. But I can put 5 long tracks in it quite easily. I went through the scale with it, the trailer is right at 9k with 5 sleds and gear, full tool box, extra fuel, fully furnished, spare tire, cabinets, ect... However my onboard fuel tanks were empty at the time so it would be another 600-700 heavier. Be prepared to spend quite a bit more to go gooseneck and aluminum if that is the route you choose but it is amazing to have and pull. Fyi, in the end it came down between rance and mission for me, the were multiple things about both I liked but the deciding factor was I could get the rance with multiple 40 gal fuel tanks that could be pumped from separately. Huge bonus for me as I can carry av100 and premium on board. I've only pulled it about 1700 miles so far so I have no experience on how it will hold up but I am quite happy in the quality of construction on it. Looks very well built. I plan on keeping it for a long a$$ time with what i paid for it. Also it is a car hauler as well. Feel free to message me if you have any questions, I'd be happy to give you my opinion, experience thus far.

edit- there are two cons to owning a gooseneck that I can think of right now. The first is the massive price increase, and the second is it limits who all can pull it. Example- Now I am the only one in our crew that can pull my trailer.

Last edited:

FarmerTimBob

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2014
Ultimately it looks like it will come down to bumper pull based on what I’ve been seeing for price. Gooseneck would be great as all 3 of us have crew 3/4 or 1 ton pickups. But they’re just too far outta our price range. Are you able to put a car in any trailer less than 8.5 wide? My guess is no

Fearless Catman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
The Sheyenne River Valley of ND
Ultimately it looks like it will come down to bumper pull based on what I’ve been seeing for price. Gooseneck would be great as all 3 of us have crew 3/4 or 1 ton pickups. But they’re just too far outta our price range. Are you able to put a car in any trailer less than 8.5 wide? My guess is no

Won't be able to haul a car in anything smaller than 8.5 wide. If your not too far from Dakota Cat in West Fargo they have a decent Mission gooseneck trailer that might suit you. Ask for Wayne.

Premium Features