• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 Summit, Burnt out digital display

B
Dec 26, 2017
Hi, so i've got a 2010 summit 800 everest with a burnt out digital display. It's half black and doesnt work anymore (picture attached). Not sure if this is related but the DESS light stays light all the time, and the sled still runs/rides fine. I've taken the cluster apart and gotten the digital display out, and I was wondering if anyone knows where i might be able to get a replacement display? It would be nice to replace just that instead of the whole cluster...anyone have similar issues they've had to deal with?

Thanks!
xvLVhUozGvVwF2TaL4VP4LopzA1dVUqnS_HLDhm-k4vZhVaMhfv-0pfqJXn2D1P8whl8h6-reNg3tLIVJvVTfUIKD6A4RlmJqgkqXVEq1eMnoQU-lV9-NWAOjX0Wd-Evj2jrgLfbhylGmizRQ7Myhw9eZJ06mVvkMiD_Hyvo_qRQpJqq0C3hmImfiOdGhePjaVTKhU9l41O0EugUrT-DH-jppOeLMtazJha4HdR8feAeov0GF6TyXmgoMc9EwjxCPrrkwMuQAM-m4DsbeaZzuU6lhM17aRzg4zpAVdNvE8HQeTAAs27uITOGccahHGteqTEvn3ck694elvWMBLNH8HX6WJ8z9hvwY30v3WXCOEnJBceNUTCOs1Z2Oe-LRvlOISQQgIjSVblHAr_Js-_NLgH1z9Pc7erGnjctM-xB3oP5oZ_27vGLxzcetD_XkQtTBZ6UyIHU6v7qcgAQPfhk4DTcFFArpXLqhTsvtOX8IclvmrW943VGAjeAxA9yOrSz6kug6eeNlfnXosWAMRhDohiUfaTIxvl_y-x1nLANZd32pF7az3i8TK0OL58JcBPdehFeEPLQCjTYCy7c3Fh4uwoZv7kcaIJELxSQpE9Ldkma2iFP0tsmNQjlgqi4jEYuIW_INrry8hrVMUMw9MZJjrRH=w878-h658-no

R
Nov 16, 2016
Question:

When/if a display is replaced (such as the OP's), will there be a conflict with the VIN, ECU/ECM, and/or with the original odometer reading?
Would a Skidoo dealer need to re-set anything?

Just curious!

dingalingman1

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 23, 2010
Western Nebraska
Not really sure if you try to sell it?? I sent mine in to get some work done on it and installed another for a trip and had no issues.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
My mph wasnt working so I took the speedo into to two different dealers to get it checked.
First dealer asked if I had removed my track recently, which I had.
He said that usually is the problem. I said lets check it so I dont have to diassemble the sled mid season to troubleshoot if It's not the guage. Let's eliminates the possibility since it is here at the dealer. Nope, dont need to check it he says. Typical tech parts changer attitude. Ok then, fu I think to myself.
I go to the other branch of this dealer. Bring in the speedo to get checked. Tech says I need to bring in the whole sled to check the speedo as each speedo only works on one sled and they aren't compatible from one sled to another. I knew this was wrong so in my mind I again think, fu dumbass.
So now I have a non working speedo, a day of my life I'll never get back speedo and I have to bother my buddy to swap speedos and check mine.
I can't decide if tech's are useless, dumb or lazy. Help me decide.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
B
Dec 26, 2017
Question:

When/if a display is replaced (such as the OP's), will there be a conflict with the VIN, ECU/ECM, and/or with the original odometer reading?
Would a Skidoo dealer need to re-set anything?

Just curious!

I went ahead and bought a new cluster. plugged it in and was on my way. no vin/ecu issues, original mileage was not saved. The new cluster does read in KM though, have to go to the dealer to get it switched over to freedom units i guess...

Premium Features