• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tracker 2 vs Tracker 3

S
Dec 30, 2011
Hooper, Utah
I am going to buy the wife and I new beacons. I have narrowed it down to the Tracker 2 or Tracker 3 mainly due to the simplicity of the units. Is there any major benefits of the 3 over the 2? What does the $30ish per unit give me? I also need probes. Any recommendations on where to buy?

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
the Tracker 3 is a big upgrade from the 2 much easier faster search = better survival chance . I might sell my year old 2 and get a 3

nomasittinright

Premium Member
Feb 5, 2009
Aberdeen SD
I called BCA about selling my tracker 2 and buying a tracker 3 and they told me to wait until my 5 year warrany was expired before getting the tracker 3. The major difference was in multiple burial situations were you can ignore 1 signal and concentrate on the other one. Was also told that they would trade in my tracker 2 at that point and have a small upgrade fee to get the tracker 3

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I have two Tracker 2s and one Tracker 3.
The three is a REAL improvement over the 2 in my opinion.

ESPECIALLY if you are doing a search and there are multiple buried targets!

If you were buying today, I would get the 3.

I will be buying another 3 here shortly myself.

Here is a good price on one if you are in the hunt
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arctic-Cat-...parel_Merchandise&hash=item5b03c987bb&vxp=mtr

Backcountry-Access-Tracker-3-Avalanche-Transceiver-11.jpg

M

m8braaaap

Banned
Dec 3, 2012
mancos colorado
I wanna comment on the probe.i was involved in aa recovery search last winter for a friend we lost in a huge avy.many different probes amongst the group.most of the probes broke.avy debris is like concrete.my bca 10' probe was the best outta everyone.i just wish is was longer.my .02

Last edited:
Premium Features