• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any one been out of Nobletts lately? Is the road still gated?

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
Just wondering if anyone has been out of Nobletts parking lot lately? Is the road still gated? I know there’s still tons of snow up high. What’s it taking to get to it? I was out on 4/27, the gate was still shut. The trail heading up was rough, but passable. Any update would be great. THANKS...

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
I heard the gate was still blocking the hwy at the lot. Road is plowed (sort of) up till mill hollow, so snow bank riding for 3 miles. The hwy is plowed on the duchesne side of wolf creek all the way to about 2 or 3 miles from the summit.
I'm not sure why the road is still blocked exept that the law enforcement hates digging out over zelous granolas in outbacks and no-brainer rednecks:rolleyes:.....If it wern't for idiots......;)

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
snengineer, Thanks for the update. Yes it looked like the state took one of those huge snow blowers up and back to help get the snow melting off the road. Well if the're going to open it up they should get to it, and finish it so we can just park right at the mill hollow, soap stone, and wolf creek pass trail heads. I hear you on the outbacks :eek: ...

Last edited:
R

RMKRAZY

Aug 5, 2001
UTAH
two years ago it was opened across the summit by mid April! - we rode may 2nd that year off of the wolf creek summit and I hung it up after that concrete ride!

I'm still itching to get out again here soon - we need one of these quick cold spells to bring a foot of powder in with it! I can't talk any of my buddies into going - they have forsaken the snow for the year in favor of the dirt and sand already!

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Update!!! I was up to wolf creek area today and they finished plowing all the way over the top and down to Hanna. I'm not sure what the rush is but its been cleared (not sure if the gate is open???:confused:). still good coverage all over above 8500' or so. Pretty hard stuff, we need a serious freshning up to make it worth while at least around wolf creek pass, had fun though. Still 6'-8' around wolf creek pass and over into soapstone.

IMG_3157small.jpg

IMG_3166small.jpg

IMG_3167small.jpg

Blew a hole in my y-pipe 3 miles from the truck, man it was LOUD!:D
BTW does anyone have a y-pipe that they will sale me that fits an 04 rev 800 HO?

IMG_3170small.jpg

Last edited:
D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
Great report! Thanks for the update. I would be surprised if they went to all that effort and did not open the gate. Still lots of good spring days left up there, and now we can drive and park right were all the snow still is. Sweet!

If anyone knows for sure that the gate is open or closed at Noblett please speak up with any info...

SledGimp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Heber, UT
Any one been out of Nobletts lately? Is the road still gated? Reply to Thread

Friend took a picture at Wolfcreek campground, 4' of snow easy. Gate had to be open for him to drive his truck in.

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
Photos from May 13th ride...

Photos of May 13th ride... Sorry for not posting sooner, was on vacation..

Back on the 13th the road was "closed" but the gate was open and plowed 2 plus lanes wide to the top of Wolf Creek. Started our ride at the top. Sweet snow for this late in the year. Rode from the pass down the Duchene Ridge toward the top of Mill Hollow. Plenty of snow. Not sure how the warm temps worked on the snow sinced the 13th? More snow coming down now and the next several days though :)

5-13-08 sn2sm.jpg

5-13-08 swsm.jpg

5-13-08 sw3sm.jpg

5-13-08 sw4sm.jpg

5-13-08 sw5sm.jpg

Premium Features