• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

<< MASSIVE UPGRADE to the SnoWest Forums coming >>

Thread Rating
3.00 star(s)

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I'm excited to see the update and hoping all goes smoothly. Ten years is a long time (Windows Vista and the 1st-gen iphone were both around a year old), so I'd say it's overdue. Glad my membership dues are being put to use.

As for the dissenter, who seems to think forums should all be free, I think he answers his own question. There are subscription-less sledding forums, and if his reasoning is correct, it should be easy to find one better than here. Yet we have his rant. I'd like to have everything Snowest offers for free, but that's not possible – between the things the forum offers and avoiding tons of advertisement-driven content, it's worth the money to me. But some people just gotta have their cake and eat it too; many good publications die off because more and more people are outraged that they "have to" pay for value. Yet they seem to accept all the "free" stuff that creates so many inroads to invade their privacy and manipulate their behavior that it's becoming Orwellian. Anyway, that's more than enough on that – I just don't know why some people would rather be turds than enjoy the punch!

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Are the photos I've loaded onto my user cp on this old version going to transfer to the new version with the same web address? Since the photo bucket ransom note I've been using this as my photo uploading host to post pics on other fourms

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
I think there are definitely two sides to it. I am a basic member and not really interested in paying for discussion forums regardless of what the subject matter is. I do like the community and topic here though. I do not need or use most of the fancy functions and do not see value in any of that. I am glad to see these forums updating though after many years and would be the last to complain about seeing some upgrades. Who knows, I may even see some "value" in it and pay someday. Pretty funny though to come and rag on improvements you don't have to pay for...

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Are the photos I've loaded onto my user cp on this old version going to transfer to the new version with the same web address? Since the photo bucket ransom note I've been using this as my photo uploading host to post pics on other fourms

We are doing everything we can to try and NOT lose ANY content at all.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
There are certain people that will complain about free stuff no matter what it is.
You know those people.
they complain about everyone and everything else around them, but the problem really is a lot closer to them than they think.
The problem really is their own damn self.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I cannot use Tapatalk right now, I can see everything but I cannot log in, and I have to log to the main site to reply.
Will the new update allow Tapatalk access?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I cannot use Tapatalk right now, I can see everything but I cannot log in, and I have to log to the main site to reply.
Will the new update allow Tapatalk access?
Tapatalk is a paid feature.
When you upgrade your user account to PREMIUM, you will have full access to TAPATALK.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Tapatalk rules!
So easy to use!
Very quick!
Happy happy.
If snowest can make their mobile app better than TAPA, there will be a lot of happy users!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Christopher, the ability to upload an attachment directly into a PM?

Finnlandr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 21, 2009
Parts Unknown
Any chance this will have a function where when you click on a thread you have previously visited, it will automatically take you to the last un-read post?

I'm a member on another forum that has this and its great.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Any chance this will have a function where when you click on a thread you have previously visited, it will automatically take you to the last un-read post?

I'm a member on another forum that has this and its great.

A thread that you READ or one that you PARTICIPATED in?

Premium Features