• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Photos

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Goggle bag?
Does the 18 have room for the goggle bag? Haven't seen any pictures of a sled with it or read anything about it?

snowmow

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Colors making you decide to not buy something ohh please...............if you want a KTM you get orange or orange, Kawasaki green or green..............lol what a joke

Don't get all butt hurt Mr. Arctic Cat, just like you others are entitled to their opinions.

R
Dec 28, 2007
2018 sleds

Wow ! Bummer for Cat , I hoped for more . Good , durable chassis , new motor... sounds like enough, but that does not cut it . I have ridden every manufacturer . Shopping for next year , wont be a cat again. Not saying they don't rip but the poor build quality is tough to deal with . Especially noticeable if you work on your own stuff . They needed to step it up . They are struggling to keep there head above water at this point . With the buyout I would not be surprised to see the snow line phased out if something drastic does not come down the pipeline in the next few years. Does not help they are the most expensive sleds out there too ! A lot of dedicated cat guys out there especially where I ride , but that will not save them in my opinion.
Come on Arctic Cat !

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
Wow ! Bummer for Cat , I hoped for more . Good , durable chassis , new motor... sounds like enough, but that does not cut it . I have ridden every manufacturer . Shopping for next year , wont be a cat again. Not saying they don't rip but the poor build quality is tough to deal with . Especially noticeable if you work on your own stuff . They needed to step it up . They are struggling to keep there head above water at this point . With the buyout I would not be surprised to see the snow line phased out if something drastic does not come down the pipeline in the next few years. Does not help they are the most expensive sleds out there too ! A lot of dedicated cat guys out there especially where I ride , but that will not save them in my opinion.

Come on Arctic Cat !

Have you rode or seen an 18 in person? Different animal than the proclimb in every way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Besides shocks and led lights what is the differnce between the MC and the early release? Thinking I like the color of the early release better. Sure isn't much info on the websight then what was already known. Would be great to know if the MC had any weight lose.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I think the Mountain Cat looks awesome! I'm a green or orange guy but have never bought or not bought a sled because of it's color. Nice to get it in a color you want but basing your sled purchase on color? Think the new sled is a home run for Cat, they did just about everything the masses asked for but now its disappointing because it doesn't come in pink for some of you ladies:drama: Don't hear the Doo guys crying that all their sleds come in colors that looks like a baby puked up:Cry:

J
Nov 29, 2010
AK
I think the Mountain Cat looks awesome! I'm a green or orange guy but have never bought or not bought a sled because of it's color. Nice to get it in a color you want but basing your sled purchase on color? Think the new sled is a home run for Cat, they did just about everything the masses asked for but now its disappointing because it doesn't come in pink for some of you ladies:drama: Don't hear the Doo guys crying that all their sleds come in colors that looks like a baby puked up:Cry:

Cuz thats what colors doo riders like, matches their neon onsies! Lol

Last edited:
G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
I like the 18 lineup

I rode an 18 153 Sno Pro yesterday and was thoroughly impressed. The motor is a beast and the sled feels great, even when comparing to a 17 Mountain Cat.

We had a 17 MC 153, 16 162 LE, 15 162 Le and a 14 Pro 155 in our group. Everyone loved the 18.

For me, as a 153 guy, I would consider the base M8 153. Saves some money and gets coil over shocks. Plus I could stick a conquer 280 or 3.2 Challenger on for the price difference.

For me, I have zero interest in the longer track so the base M seems like a good option

J
Nov 29, 2010
AK
I see a 6000 never cared for the HCR myself

You may not care theres no HCR but im sure all the hillclimbers on the cirrcuts are shaking their heads, pretty big setback for keeping stockers stock with skinnier stance and softer track, cat pays good money for contingency $$$, just backwards thinking! could be a huge marketing point for them. If theyre not going to pay someone to tell the masses to buy their sleds then Win a king title and claim the "terrain domination" title lol. Marketing.....at least they changed the "new" ascension name just 2 years overdue.

Last edited:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
58c70b8bbac07cbe5f88a2b55001345c.jpg

King Cat, look at the front grill, 4stroke, different than the 2stroke front.

snowmow

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
i've gone to three different demo rides now to compare my 16 with the new 18s, doing so i have been able to trade back and forth between my good running and lightweighted 16....the new 18 is improved in many ways, and i figured there wouldn't be enough improvement in the 18 to sway me over, but there is...i wish there was a 174, but the 162 3" is pretty darn good...i seriously don't know how a manufacturer can come up with enough graphics to make everyone happy, which is why the after market does well...all in all, cat has addressed virtually all the complaints of the last few years, some of which were pretty trite in my opinion...the new engine/clutching is very good, handling/ride both on and off trail is sweet and better than any poo i've ridden....cat dependability is better than either of doo's or poo's that i've been with over the last several years...i think the new cats are an awesome improvement over pre 16 efforts, and overcome virtually all significant shortcomings....i put a ti can on my 16 le, along with belt drive and oil delete, and am two pounds heavier that a 3" 163 polaris, and 8 lbs lighter than the 174, all full of fluids on the same hook scale....most of the poo guys add front and rear bars and tunnel strengtheners which make the supposed weight differences negligible anyway....my cat can take a front hit that would buckle either a poo or doo front suspension/bulkhead, and yes i've owned both....so bottom line to Cat, i think you've done an excellent job with the 18s..:face-icon-small-hap

CRJPilot

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2008
Farmington, MN
Still same aweful snow flap/rear Bumper combo since 2012. No tether stock on an M-series, wth? Hopefully the harness has been moved/modified and can accommodate an accessory tether install in minutes instead of hours like in past models. Overall, some very nice improvements like motor, clutch, bodywork, drivers, boards, but missed on some easy ones, like LED headlight, revised oil reservoir, snow flap, tether, switches off the handlebar, better storage in/behind seat, spare belt holder....

Premium Features