• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gen 4 exhaust

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
In my opinion the stock exhaust sounds pretty damn good. That means the aftermarket ones will be louder than the 800 etecs. N I'm worried less about sound, I hope they add or keep power vs stock or else why buy?

B

bailer

Nov 26, 2007
Saskatoon
I remembered why stock exhaust sucks this winter...

I was coming down the trail after a great day on the hill, enjoying the trail, not driving crazy but not crawling either! I came up on a old guy (and I'm old so I'm talking 70) who was driving perfectly just left of centre and way slower than the average traffic. He had a new Polaris as well so throwing huge chunks. I followed him for a while thinking he would move to the right eventually, nope. I didn't really want to pass on the right and scare him, so I continued following.

I really missed having a can to make some noise to at least let him know I was behind him. I ended up blasting by on his left when I finally got a chance, but I know I pissed him off cuz he was giving me the stare down in the parking lot. I should have went and talked to him and explained if you are driving 30km/h you should probably stick to the side and expect a few people to pass.

Second reason the factory exhaust sucks is it really holds a lot more heat close to your panels which has been a problem for me on both doo and polaris.

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
We have been testing are New Titanium can on the new Ski Doo 850 with very good results we had to turn the clickers down one and we gained 2 miles per hour on track speed. Quiet version weighs 3.6 pounds

How much is this going to cost?

You said "the quiet one is 3.6 pounds" Do you make a loud one? Not that I would want that, but just curious.

Titanium 375

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Ephraim, Utah
www.diamond-smfg.com
We only had two prototype 850 for a couple days we did not get time to run one of our Lite cans on it as soon as the production sleds arrive we will be building production cans at this time find out if the lite can will work with the 850 motor

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
HPS has the chamber/power figured out, just waiting on DOO to verify pipe to can fitment (word has it its changing)...

10 lbs lighter, 100 rpm gain, quieter than 800 etec HPS can, under $395 retail-BJ

Last edited:
Premium Features