• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ride Reports?

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Its been a week and we only have one vid of a none sponsored rider, and not any feedback? Cmon skidoo let the people try this thing out! If you've ridden it and your not on any manufactures payroll chime in, post your thoughts and better yet someone get a video comparing old with new on the snow. We all love Dave and his use of the word super but we have got to have more from the people! :face-icon-small-ton Anyone?....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ658gYyTgQ

Props to Skidoo, I say something like this online and no later then a week there are three different dealers within 40 miles of my house that have a 17 available to demo.....whats that old saying?

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
Sure would be nice if Doo would make something in the way of a demo ride available in Canada. Or maybe it's on my dealer.

I heard that Kuster has (had?) a couple sleds, but most of the people riding are dealer staff. Disappointing.

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
How easy is it to get the skis in the air on the 165?

In the conditions we were in, all you had to do was punch the gas, it would lift the front end in almost every situation, BUT when pulling a sleep climb it seemed to plain well and keep the skis down, they only popped up momentarily when punching the gas.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Did you feel any twitchiness in the front end or through the bars that the xm's can have or do in spring?
Are they more stable in the rough stuff when on edge than the xm?

R
Oct 10, 2014
If the Axys and the G4 where chicks then the Axys is the hot girl you meet at the carnival, yes she seems to have it all, just wait till you have to live together. The G4 looks like the hot girl at the carnival and then you find out she has a phD and can be your sugar daddy too, some people have mental blocks with phD, to each there own.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Excellent analogy!!!!!!! Thanks for taking time to post your thoughts!!!! Sounds like this thing is going to be the way to go.

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Did you feel any twitchiness in the front end or through the bars that the xm's can have or do in spring?
Are they more stable in the rough stuff when on edge than the xm?

The skis are the same but the spindle mounts the ski further forward, my guess is an inch or so. This make turning on icy crap snow easier, so twichiness? I would say it was somewhat twitchy bc of the difference in effort to turn, which was minimal but noticeable over the xm.

Holding it on edge was WAY easier bc of the balanced weight from side to side, this was the most noticeable change overall from the xm, Its a dream! Again I am not a fan of the stock ski, so using those skis to maneuver once sidehilling is not my preference even on the new G4 chassis, its not a big deal, some like them, i dont, its an easy change to make.

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
If the Axys and the G4 where chicks then the Axys is the hot girl you meet at the carnival, yes she seems to have it all, just wait till you have to live together. The G4 looks like the hot girl at the carnival and then you find out she has a phD and can be your sugar daddy too, some people have mental blocks with phD, to each there own.

Hope this helps.

Excellent analogy!!!!!!! Thanks for taking time to post your thoughts!!!! Sounds like this thing is going to be the way to go.[/QUOTE]

you know I may of been a little harsh on axys carny chick, Im talking about carny chick last year, smokin hot but baggage that would scare most people, she could of changed, got help, who knows but until proven otherwise, use at your own risk. :face-icon-small-coo

I

islanddoo

Apr 10, 2008
Vancouver Island
Sure would be nice if Doo would make something in the way of a demo ride available in Canada. Or maybe it's on my dealer.

I heard that Kuster has (had?) a couple sleds, but most of the people riding are dealer staff. Disappointing.

Don't know about that Marcel we are riding the 17's on the 20th at Kuster's!:face-icon-small-hap Through our dealer of course!

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Wish they would go to coil over and ditch the torsion springs. I don't know how the front shocks are on the 850 but I didn't much care for the ones on the T3 I rode last year. Of course, the stock shocks on the Axys suck too unless you revalve them. They work darn good when that is done. Like all sleds, you are going to have to tinker and modify them to make them work for you.

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
The sleds build good power. Pulls continuously away from the Xm. Very balanced side to side, bottom end pull is incredible and is a little much until you get used to it. Track hooks hard.

image.jpg

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvy6wgCXukk

and to prove my point about torque and fresh snow we have this other video to contrast. It looks like overall track speed in ideal conditions (rock hard snow) are relativly the same. But get in fresh snow and it changes quite dramatically.

Yep. Torque is more important in deep pow. Hp is more important on hard pack.

Premium Features