• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Ski-Doo Summit speculation thread.

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
If you go by sales Poo has been the mountain sled to beat since 2011 by a huge number. This is a fact that can't be denied and I have owned every brand and am not loyal to any. I truly do hope the new Doo turns out to be the new sled to beat. The etech motor is sweet, loved it in the last Doo I owned.

That's because they blow up so offen, people buy lots of new ones

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
If you go by sales Poo has been the mountain sled to beat since 2011 by a huge number. This is a fact that can't be denied and I have owned every brand and am not loyal to any. I truly do hope the new Doo turns out to be the new sled to beat. The etech motor is sweet, loved it in the last Doo I owned.

Sales has a lot to do with marketing and how much a company is willing to pay sponsored riders. If you got Burandt to ride skidoo 1/2 the poo riders would switch just for that one reason. And suddenly it would be the most flickable sled EVER made. Lmao. Remember what happened when he switched from cat to poo?

Last edited:
F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Why is it we can go to Revy twent times a year and see nothing but doo come off the trucks other than the plankers.. They always seam to ride the old poos..

Then look at the rentals company's.. Still no poos maybe just a usa sled for the guys that enjoy trail rides

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
850, smatefifty!

Where's my snowbike/snowhawk?

Guess i'll see what the other brands come up with.

If not i'll be breaking out the welder over the summer.

N

nfinit100

Oct 1, 2015
Northern CO
Everyone who likes to ride should be ecstatic when one company improves something. It always keeps other companies pushing the envelope. I hope they all release something ground breaking. It's freakin awesome. Only reason not to enjoy it and hope for it is that we are trying to justify a previous purchase and not immediately pull the trigger on the next purchase.

Hopefully tomorrow is worth the 38+ pages....

BLSDEEP

Lifetime Membership
Dec 18, 2007
Bozeman
why are all of you Polaris *******s posting in this thread? GTFO

Are you the mayor of Dooville?

This thread has been 40 pages of "snowmobile" enthusiasts excited about new tech from Doo.
If your a diehard Doo guy then this your proud moment. Lol.
Chill, your club will likely get bigger in 17.

R

rugbynitro

Nov 4, 2009
Kamloops, B.C.
I love all the apocalyptic posts about Polaris coming to an end and I'm not even brand loyal. It makes me laugh. Take off your Doo blinders and wake up. There's lots of good sleds out there and competition benefits all of us.

I'm excited about the new Doo 850 and hell, I might even switch but not until I've tried it. I'd never buy the first year of any sled so it won't happen on this snowcheck.

I've had one Cat and 2 Polaris Pro's and now a snowcheck 15 RMK LE (I ride a lot) and I've never dropped an engine. I've never heard of one in my area and this is a big mountain riding town, but I know of 3 different XP's dropping motors.

When my brother decided to get into the sport he decided on and paid a lot of money for a 14 XM. I thought it was great to see something different in the group outside of Cat and Poo. I don't care for how fat and heavy it is and I think t-motion is a joke, but my brother likes it. Now he's got a check engine light and a low end stumble the dealer can't figure out. :face-icon-small-dis

In some posts the world would be great if everyone abandoned the other manufacturers and rode Doo. Wrong, then Doo would sit on it's duff and not have to evolve to our benefit.

Pick your poison. They're all junk, especially for what we pay for them and they all come out on a tight rope sooner or later.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I love all the apocalyptic posts about Polaris coming to an end and I'm not even brand loyal. It makes me laugh. Take off your Doo blinders and wake up.

I'm pretty sure that the majority of these remarks are simply meant to agitate owners of other brands.
This is what we as snowmobilers do, and do well!

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
First off let's get back on track.

1. New ski Doo. . . sweet!

I'm.predicting boost from ski Doo on this. I don't see how secondary injectors are needed unless that's a reality.

All in all. It's all good for everyone. I love snowmobiling. I love dreaming about what could come next. Whether it's blue, green yellow or red I am pumped at innovation.

Each of us have our reasons we ride what we ride. Some are crazy brand loyal and would sink with a burning ship. Some choose an engine that makes them happy on a reliabilty level, some on overall power. Some on how easy it is to mod. Some strictly on weight.

But we all solely buy a sled to ride. If all we were going to do was buy one to sit in the garage we would by a Harley. It is heavy, doesn't make good power, brakes are so so. It vibrates, it leaks oil.

I can happily say I wouldn't be ashamed to ride any if the current two stroke sleds.

Now give us a two stroke that doesn't lose power at elevation. Aka boost

Betterview

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Central Minnesota
That second set of injectors will be slightly detrimental to the volumetric efficiency of the engine.

There has to be some other good reason they put them there.

One of the biggest problems with a Direct Induction engine is high crank temps. Adding fuel through crankcase at high RPMs helps cool crank and atomizes fuel far better at higher RPMs.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
One of the biggest problems with a Direct Induction engine is high crank temps. Adding fuel through crankcase at high RPMs helps cool crank and atomizes fuel far better at higher RPMs.

I would think the secondary injectors helps in dropping charge temps on a turbo with higher temps for sure.. Not sure what it will do with cold charge temps as in a n/a engine.. But like you say maybe the mist could drop internal temps some.. As a mister does on a hot day

They claim they moved throttle body's closer to block, that would also give a better cooling effect on charge temps

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Not much of a reed boot

It is definitely closer!

I would think the secondary injectors helps in dropping charge temps on a turbo with higher temps for sure.. Not sure what it will do with cold charge temps as in a n/a engine.. But like you say maybe the mist could drop internal temps some.. As a mister does on a hot day

They claim they moved throttle body's closer to block, that would also give a better cooling effect on charge temps

2017 injectors.jpg

Premium Features