• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel controllers

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Had enough of summer so I thought I would start working on the ole assault . I picked up a SLP pipe and now I need a fuel controller . Just was wondering what everyone else is running . I am waiting on the Bully Dog to get the bugs worked out before I spend that kind of coin . It sound like it is going to be a great set up but probable more than what I need .
2011 pro 13-1 par head, mtntek kit, yellow 11 injectors , slp pipe and hps can .
I am also putting on a 163 skid and some new boards .
Is summer over yet the friggin yellow jackets are trying to eat us alive never seen so many .

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Yes Brad does and said he would help me on the map .Shawn at mtntek uses dobeck and currently working with or on Bully Dogs . So I am using both their products and was just wondering what others have tried .

snowman80

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2011
ND
I wish boondocker would have their new controller on their website. I don't think they've officially released it yet. From what I understand it piggy backs into the ecu plugs similar to the pc5. It is supposed to have a lot more fields that you are able to adjust too. I really like the idea of being able to make adjustments without a laptop.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
I would get a power commander 1st, or a dobeck box 2nd

i'm in kalispell, MT. and those friggin wasps are insane around here they are everywhere. I got bit 3 times 2 weeks ago

Last edited:

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
I wish boondocker would have their new controller on their website. I don't think they've officially released it yet. From what I understand it piggy backs into the ecu plugs similar to the pc5. It is supposed to have a lot more fields that you are able to adjust too. I really like the idea of being able to make adjustments without a laptop.

What controller is this? I thought they just had there same controller and the Bullydog as an option?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
We have got some time on these on the dirtbikes w/ track conversions and they work awesome. Weather/elevation/etc changes, bike still runs the same every day. Set the afr you want and go rip! Not sure if they are doing the sled stuff yet, but they have a bunch of guys in the south running them on mud quads and SxS's with what looks to be a very happy following.

http://www.afrplus.com/

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I would like to know more about the afr + . Has anyone used one on a sled ?

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Just got off the phone with Nick from AFR + . He was very informative and it sound like a very nice product .I like the idea I do not have to buy a gauge that it all come in the package with a weld on bung . It also has auto tune built in or you can adjust it while riding . Even the price is attractive he quoted me $350 .
Take a look at it guys and tell me what you think ?

J

jwentzer

Mar 16, 2010
Colorado
PCV

I'll throw in my 2 cents worth of information. I've run the Power Commander V in a previous sled that had a pipe/y-pipe combo. The PCV came with a map that was suppose to be spot on for this speedwerx combo. I could never get it to run correctly. It wasn't the PCV's fault or the pipe/y-pipe's fault. I'll admit it was my inexperience of tuning at that time and the mapping was terrible from the get go. What it boiled down to was I got tired of carrying the laptop with me everywhere I went... download this, upload that bowl****. It was a PIA. I told myself never again unless I could tune on the spot with a few button pushes. So, it's something for you to think of. IMHO, it's easier to tune something with a few button pushes as compared to taking out a computer and making adjustments that way.

I now run a turbo on my current sled with the Doebeck box. Alot of haters out there for the doebeck box, but I haven't had any complaints as mine has worked flawlessly. Not saying it's better or worse than any other boxes I've tuned with. I'm just saying I like simplicity and carry a computer with to tune on the PCV was NOT for me. Best of luck in your decision, get what will work best for you!

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
My AFR gauge only works at WOT

12.2 optimal setting for W.O.T what about the rest of the time, I just watch it at 1/3 throttle to make sure i don't have a lean situation.

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
12.2 optimal setting for W.O.T what about the rest of the time, I just watch it at 1/3 throttle to make sure i son't have a lean situation.
on turbo setups, you have to run you sensor post turbo and due to the huge diameter low length downpipes most kits run, the sensor barely has enough exhaust sample to read properly. If bosch engineers saw where people ran sensors on turbo sleds they would laugh in our face.

on an NA unit where you can run it in the pipe far from the exhaust outlet you get a good sample from idle to WOT.

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Well for those of you going to Haydays you will be able to check out the new tuner from Bully Dog .It sound like it will be able to do everything that a digital wrench can do and a whole lot more as they described to me it was like DW on steroids . I am thinking you turbo guys are going to be digging this tuner . If I heard correct it can change parameters in the ecm and will also data log only down fall was you have to send it back for programming .
Looks like it is going to be a exciting yr for tuning options .

Premium Features