• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Will EDGE hoods fit a GEN II?

PowderCrew

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
in the shadow of the Rubies, Nevada
Wanting a different hood and wondering if the EDGES will fit this chassis? Want to buy BLACK, or willking to trade my purple for a black. I also have a windshield... took it off. If your interested in a sale or trade deal, PM me...

100_0528.jpg

T
Dec 25, 2007
Maybe I am color blind, but that hood looks blue, not purple....and if you want a black hood have you checked out the aftermarket for a lightweight version? Might be a nice option...

I suppose anything is possible for fit, but you would have to change the bottom plastics to match the top to get the appropriate closure on the hood, and that's where you run into trouble. The GenII and EDGE are pretty different in the guts. Not saying it isn't possible, just would be kinda messy.

PowderCrew

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Thanks Magnet... just got it for a backup so not wantin to drop money on it for upgrades. Just not a big fan of the color scheme. Been searching the forums and other places, will probably come across one at some point.

D
Jul 25, 2009
Manilla,IA
hood

i have a gen 2 blue hood from a 99 sks .. i removed all the stickers n letters and sand off the clear from the hood and clean off the dirt off before paint the black .. I used a black paint from walmart they works great and it looks bad *** on my 99 sks .. i prody can put the pic on here .. i paint it twice then sand the bubbles then smooth it all out then all done then put it back on my sled already looks professional ..

PowderCrew

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
i have a gen 2 blue hood from a 99 sks .. i removed all the stickers n letters and sand off the clear from the hood and clean off the dirt off before paint the black .. I used a black paint from walmart they works great and it looks bad *** on my 99 sks .. i prody can put the pic on here .. i paint it twice then sand the bubbles then smooth it all out then all done then put it back on my sled already looks professional ..

What brand of spray paint? If you run your fingernail along your hood, will it scratch?

D
Jul 25, 2009
Manilla,IA
Krylon Interior/Exterior Spray Paint (12 oz.) - Glossy Black/OSHA
paint.jpg

i had no problem had no stratch on my hood lately just took care of it .. but if u hit something yeah it ll just make paint come off lil but i did it once when i strach it then i just paint over it then cant see anything but its no problem i bought just 4 cans of spray paint but if want paint more than 3 coat prody get 5 or 6 cans .. but i just only paint 2 coat but it would be better if want 3 or get a clear coat spray paint if u want to make it glossy n shiny on the hood.

R

Rrrrrrandyw

Dec 9, 2010
Ogden, Utah
If you could get it to me in either Salt Lake or Ogden, Utah, I would be happy to paint it for you, One solid color like black, 200.00 I have done quite a few hoods, I use an automotive paint, base clear system, and a good catalyzed primer under it all. Turns out really nice. Just another option for you. If not, there has to be some painters in your area that do some moonlighting for extra money, ask around. Good luck.

Premium Features