• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need Exhaust Spring Puller

Burr

Premium Member
Jan 10, 2008
Luverne Mn
Who makes a good one ? No junk as some of my freinds broke or bent theirs. Thanks!!

K

knee deep in it

Nov 21, 2007
calgary
i use a large flat blade screwdriver. With your angle grinder, notch out a slot near the tip. Works very well, never had one break.

I have had to make a few of them because I keep giving them away to friends who really like them.

H
Jan 9, 2008
Woodland, WA
I make my own. Get a small, good quality T-handle allen wrench with a plastic dipped handle, sharpen the tip on a grinder, then heat the end and bend a hook into it. Never broken or straightened one.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
puller

i have had to make several as well. make sure if you use a screw driver it is fairly thick so there is enough meat to hold the spring pressure. i also had to make one out of a 4 foot piece of rod to get into those deep places, just heated one end till it was glowing, flattened it with a ball pein hammer, and then cut the notch with the dremel.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
I just use 18" of parachute cord. Thread it through the hook and pull.

Once you have all the springs out, string them all on the parachute cord. Harder to lose 'em.

Packs easier than a spring puller too.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Bought one similar to this one at the snow show in Puyallup. The only difference is the one I bought is curved at the bottom to get underneath easier. A lot thicker than the one I had and appears to be a hardened steel.

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/pro...ust&webCatId=18&brandId=294&prodFamilyId=3028
x2. I have this exact puller. Very well made and obviously you can't beat the price. I have used mine a lot and never once thought it was going to bend or break. It is curved at the bottom, you just can't see it in the picture.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Great ideas on the shoelaces and rope!

A piece of looped wire would work too, maybe even thread it thru the spark plug socket for a handle if needed.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
shoe string/rope. its Simple, it works, and you always have some around. Eric

Premium Features