• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

fuel controllers

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
On my bigbore I ran the boondocker as it is mor precise on its settings, you can subtract and do more things. On the turbo I am running a pure logic box as it isn't as critical, just throw fuel at it and go :)

Is it worth the money, not if your stock.

S

scarter

Jan 13, 2009
Belgrade, MT
I am running the Power Commander on my Arctic Cat. They have some sweet accessories for the sleds that make tuning easier.

I have the PC III, Wideband Commander and LCD display. With this setup I can log runs to observe RPM, Throttle Position, AFR and Duty Cycle. After logging a run it really takes the guess work out of tuning.

I will post some part #'s and pictures tomorrow.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
What fuel control boxes are people running on what sleds? How easy was it to install and tune? And, do you think it made a difference and was worth the money? Thanks for the input.

hold off if ya can...new controller around the corner apparently..you can tune every 50 rpm from 900 to 9000..i am waiting for more info..approx 550 canadian

S

scarter

Jan 13, 2009
Belgrade, MT
Dynojet Products

Here are some pictures of the products I mentioned yesterday. The Power Commander plugs inline with the ECU using OEM connectors.

The Power Commander is Nitrous and Turbo capable but you will need to purchase the Multi Function hub to enable these functions.

The LCD display can log data and store information on a standard SD card. The data can be replayed in the field on the display or you can download the data to your computer and view the information in excel.

As for ease of use it is a little different than a boondocker and the other boxes out there. It does require that you have a computer to use our software. The snowmobile products mentioned above are the same as our Sport bike and Harley products so if you are familiar with these you won't have any trouble.

Part #'s
Wideband Commander (15-7002)
LCD Display (LCD-100)
Multifunction Hub (HUB-003)

WidebandCom-4.jpg LCD.jpg

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
hold off if ya can...new controller around the corner apparently..you can tune every 50 rpm from 900 to 9000..i am waiting for more info..approx 550 canadian

Who's box?

don't know ..??...my engine builder just informed me its coming down the pipe ..its in use apparently..he said he will give me literature and availibility asap but he says it works very good and must be close with pricing already figured out

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
don't know ..??...my engine builder just informed me its coming down the pipe ..its in use apparently..he said he will give me literature and availibility asap but he says it works very good and must be close with pricing already figured out

Closed loop O2 system(s) that "should" automatically dial in the fuel for you would be SWEET. There's a thread in the Perf/Mod forum that indicates there are at least 2 vendors going that direction and that both have been testing and are close. I know that's what I'm waiting for...

S
Nov 26, 2007
Heber City, Utah
Here are some pictures of the products I mentioned yesterday. The Power Commander plugs inline with the ECU using OEM connectors.

The Power Commander is Nitrous and Turbo capable but you will need to purchase the Multi Function hub to enable these functions.

The LCD display can log data and store information on a standard SD card. The data can be replayed in the field on the display or you can download the data to your computer and view the information in excel.

As for ease of use it is a little different than a boondocker and the other boxes out there. It does require that you have a computer to use our software. The snowmobile products mentioned above are the same as our Sport bike and Harley products so if you are familiar with these you won't have any trouble.

Part #'s
Wideband Commander (15-7002)
LCD Display (LCD-100)
Multifunction Hub (HUB-003)
Can you make fuel adjustments in the field without a computer?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I was just cruising around the internet and looking at dynojets stuff when i came across something new they just came out with, the auto tune. It plugs in to the power commander and automatically adjust for a AFR map you plug in. I will hopefully be able to stop and talk to them tommorow as 1 of there 2 US offices happens to be right where i spend my weekends! I also know of a company that is working on tuning this system currently NA on 2 stroke sleds, but is developing it for there boosted systems. I imagine most of the companies claiming to figure out the closed loop system are using something from dynojet. If this turns out and works anything like it should, touching a box after very small initial tune, IF ANY, is eliminated, just put in the map when installing and go nuts. I have also been looking at the multi function hub they sell and reading about it, sounds pretty much like once you have a map thats half arse close to what it needs to be, with the auto tun and the boost reference, you wont need to touch anything when adjusting boost.

As far as i can tell, closed loop is the way to go, no more watching gauges and tuning, the box does it for you.

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
I do not think a closed loop is for a 2-stroke. Maybe it is me but after time the sensor on a wideband seems to start reading inaccurately. Most closed loop setups only use a percentage of the o2 reading to change the fueling. I think the way to go is a learning set up were the o2 reading is used to build a map over a short period of time (a few hours). Than maps is saved in the controller and brought up as needed.

I just feel that Wideband O2 sensors, 2-smokers and longevity do not mix that well

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
^^ I know what you're saying and have heard the same thing about fouling the sensors. I'm not saying it's "acceptable" but I would be ok with spending 80-100.00 on a sensor if I knew it would get me through 1 season- or pretty close. IMO, compared to a burn down, sensors are relatively cheap...not if you're buying 3+ a year though...

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
any more info? on any of this stuff... so dynojet makes a kit for the M, dragon and the new DOO 1200.... need em to make on for the SDI!!!

Premium Features