• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SIRIUS/XM subscribers

D

decarls

Nov 26, 2007
Brainerd, Mn
Anyone else notice that as of March 11 listening online will no longer be part of our payed subscription? What a load of crap, as of it wasn't expensive enough to start with then they want another $3.00/month to stream it.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
My subscription is dew and I can't seem to make my mind up to cancell or not lifetime plan is $399 plus $75 for every reciever change. What to do? :(

D

decarls

Nov 26, 2007
Brainerd, Mn
Is that lifetime plan for both SIRIUS & XM subscribers? I was trying to look online and couldn't find where it gave that price.

1M800

Nov 24, 2006
MN
No free online for either one? I saw that was the case for XM...I guess I never even thought that my Sirius wouldn't be?!? But I guess they ARE the same company now. I already paid for the "better quality" online (which is a load of crap!) you can't tell the difference. I listen to it all day at work so I guess I will have to pay it. I listen more online than in my truck.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Is that lifetime plan for both SIRIUS & XM subscribers? I was trying to look online and couldn't find where it gave that price.

You have to call them and ask for the lifetime subscription, it is not on the website.

I ended up with the lifetime, still have my original receiver from a few years ago.

I would never go back to normal radio.

Back when I got my lifetime it was $299 special, a no brainer back then at least

S
Feb 12, 2008
That’s bull that they are making us pay to stream online now. That is one of the main reasons I have my Sirius, so I can stream online at work. I just bought a lifetime membership also. Ever since the two have merged they have gotten worse. Bubba Sucks now and C&R got screwed over in the whole deal. Knowing what I know now I would seriously think twice before buying my lifetime subscription. To late now.

Circus Midget

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
This whole Sirius thing is starting to be a bunch of BS. I listen to Sirius online all day while i'm at work and during the summer it's in all the equipment while I'm farming...i guess i'm screwed cuz I want online service and receiver service.

I thought it was pretty chitty when they moved the C&R timeslot, then i realized it wasn't so bad cuz i didn't have to decide between Bubba or C&R at 2:00. Lately my schedule has been listen to Octane for a few hours in the morn, catch Cavino and Rich at 11:00, then tune into Bubba at 2:00.

It wasnt' long until it was all f'd up by that shyster Bubba and his lame programming we get 4 days a week.

When i saw the message this morn that I have to pay for online I was pretty pissed. I've been with them for 5 Years and I'm seriously ready to cancel my service. At the rate they are going it's gonna be a total chit in 6 months. I'm going to call and biotch alittle first to see if i can't work something out of them.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
The best song the "hack" controlling Octane tonight has played all night was Lollipop. Granted, it is a great song, but the rest of the chit sounds like an 80s rock fest. :(

cat rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairmont, MN
The best song the "hack" controlling Octane tonight has played all night was Lollipop. Granted, it is a great song, but the rest of the chit sounds like an 80s rock fest. :(

I'm with ya there, octane has gone down the s#!++er. It has been great since I got sirius in 2005, but the last couple months suck.

H
Nov 26, 2007
havre, montana
the merger f d up everything, i think the xm people took over cuzz the programing sucks,

i was told on the streaming if you re up before the end of your contract you can keep the streaming

S

Snow Fox

I agree the service is going downhill since the merger. The channels and music don't seem as good. My receiver has the favorite artist/song alert function, since the merger that has been all jacked up. Sirius/XM can kiss my a$$. My subscription is up in October, and I am not going to renew. I would think that they would learn that messing with things and pissing off customers is going to bankrupt their butts.

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
I have had Xm since 03. I switched to sirius in december because they had merged and wouldnt let me add my wifes car (sirius) to my xm account. Now I can't find half of the stuff I used to listen to even though they are supposed to be on both. Seriously the whole thing has gone to crap lately.
I listen to www.pandora.com at work online and haven't listened to xm or sirius online since.

A
Jul 27, 2001
Meridian, ID
I was going to say the same thing Turbo. I used to listen to XM online in the office, but since I found Pandora, I haven't missed it a bit. I travel so much that I'll probably keep the mobile unit, but with Pandora I could care less about XM online.

B
Jul 6, 2001
Watrous, SK
I agree the service is going downhill since the merger. The channels and music don't seem as good. My receiver has the favorite artist/song alert function, since the merger that has been all jacked up. Sirius/XM can kiss my a$$. My subscription is up in October, and I am not going to renew. I would think that they would learn that messing with things and pissing off customers is going to bankrupt their butts.

I can't see them lasting much longer at this rate. Everyone I know that has Sirius is starting to hate it now. I WOULD NOT go with a lifetime sub. right now. You may only end up with a year of it.

T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT
Meh, I can't stream at work anyways. I'll keep my sirius, it's not as good as before but it's still miles ahead of the alternatives.

Premium Features