For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Vipers! Nothing but Vipers!

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2018, 06:02 PM
Currently: Ready to ride
blown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond repute
Default Center shock spring

So re-visiting the discussion here. I am working at replacing the center spring and had a couple questions to seek some input.

I have a stock spring- too light I know for me
I have the dual rate spring from Yamaha that I rode last year seemed OK but still bottomed on occasion-

I have looked on line and found Eibach makes an 8" and 10"

Here is my question, I have a spring compressor and the stock center shock is about 9 5/8" from top to bottom of the spring retainers if you back the retainer all the way out. I am considering using a 10" spring with a 175Lb/inch rate

I figure that having the spring already under a slight tension to fit it on the shock will help but should keep the spring soft enough to not become too stiff

Does my reasoning seem correct? Or should I go with the 8" and a heavy weight and tighten up the retainer ring?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 11-11-2018, 03:46 AM
Currently: Yamaha 4 stroke moderator
MODERATOR: Premium Member
motojunkie101 has a reputation beyond reputemotojunkie101 has a reputation beyond reputemotojunkie101 has a reputation beyond reputemotojunkie101 has a reputation beyond reputemotojunkie101 has a reputation beyond reputemotojunkie101 has a reputation beyond reputemotojunkie101 has a reputation beyond reputemotojunkie101 has a reputation beyond reputemotojunkie101 has a reputation beyond reputemotojunkie101 has a reputation beyond reputemotojunkie101 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

The 175 should be fine. I put a 160 in my sled and have it cranked up a bit to keep the sled a little more nimble. If you have a 1/2 inch preload on the 10" spring you should be fine, and have plenty of adjustment if you need or want to add more.

Let us know how it feels!
Bad decisions make good stories

2015 Yamaha Viper 162 SE/MPI turbo

Days until I retire

Old 11-12-2018, 06:44 PM
Currently: 2014 Viper MTX conversion
stingray719 has a reputation beyond reputestingray719 has a reputation beyond reputestingray719 has a reputation beyond reputestingray719 has a reputation beyond reputestingray719 has a reputation beyond reputestingray719 has a reputation beyond reputestingray719 has a reputation beyond reputestingray719 has a reputation beyond reputestingray719 has a reputation beyond reputestingray719 has a reputation beyond reputestingray719 has a reputation beyond repute

The length and coil diameter and amount of coils are important. After much testing I finally had a spring that I designed made in Texas and have sold for the last year. Over 400 sold and not a complaint. Similar to Zbroz 160 but with a few upgrades to rebound. $69.00 stingraymods.com