• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mounting grippers on a 18 mtn cat

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
19s actually shortened the rear of the ski......
However, the keel is much improved!!

We will all see soon enough..

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
going to run the 19 ski and see how it does but have a new set of grippers on the shelf ready for action!!

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
Run a gripper on one side and a 19 ski on the other, just to see what you like better! :)
eyebrows.gif
light.gif

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
19s actually shortened the rear of the ski......
However, the keel is much improved!!

We will all see soon enough..

I spent a lot of time testing on the Alpha last spring. It's an awesome sled. If you bought one, I would spend some time on it before changing to anything else for a couple reasons:
1. The new ski is better than the old ones in a few ways. Yes it is shorter, but I felt to rode much better and has some nice grips on the top for your boots when you need it.
2. Grippers are the best factory skis (IMO) but you won't know if they are better on the Alpha until you set a base line (riding stock).
3. There is a slight learning curve with the Alpha. Spend some seat time on it before making any suspension changes (shock settings front and rear) or other components. Set your baseline and when you make shock setting changes start small and one at a time on the rear.
4. Do what you want, these are just some friendly suggestions. The Alpha is a whole different sled in many ways. Good luck and have fun.

Last edited:
Premium Features