• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

how to use reverse without battery in electric start model

A
Dec 8, 2017
I have a 2007 800r PTEK summit x and I would really like to get my reverse to work. The person I bought it from had removed the battery and starter. I was wondering if there was a way to get the reverse to work on this sled without all of that. Any help is appreciated.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
You don't need electric power to run the reverse. Just start the sled and let it warm up and hit the button, should work no problem even without electric start.

N
Jan 3, 2008
Northern Utah
You need a new wire harness from a non e start sled. Not the entire harness but just a section. I dont know why the battery is wired into the harness but if I dont have a battery in mine it causes all sorts of havoc.

T
Jan 12, 2010
BC
You don't need electric power to run the reverse. Just start the sled and let it warm up and hit the button, should work no problem even without electric start.

X2 what cubby said. You don’t need the battery for reverse, or change your wire harness. All the battery does is start the machine.

N
Jan 3, 2008
Northern Utah
I highly disagree. The rev needs the battery to function. Remove it and odd things start happening. Replace the wire harness with a non e start and you are good to go.

rheinss10

Premium Member
Jul 3, 2008
NORTHERN MN
You need the relay harnessthat goes between the main wiring harness and the cube relay located on the section of the pyramid frame directly above the secondary clutch. Doo had a relay harness for e-start models and one for sleds that didn't have e-start.

Also if reverse isn't working try changing the relay. If previous owner removed e-start and didn't change relay harness the sled would not run w/o battery. Most likely your reverse not working is due to a bad relay.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180409-143438_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20180409-143438_Samsung Internet.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Premium Features