• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Belts blown count

D
May 24, 2012
Unfortunate Souls

I pulled a cord on my fourth belt yesterday at 1266.7 km on the sled. That's 316km per belt. Or for you yanks south of the border that's 196 miles per belt. ��

We should have taken a picture of both of us changing belt at the same time! :)

You guys are two of the unfortunate souls who didn't get the leaflet in the mail on how to get your belt temps down. Please call your favorite tuner and ask how to do this.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
My riding buddy has blown 2 of the new belts, he had them end of march. Not sure if it's the same as the 18's will get, but brp sent them to our dealer to try. They were a bit better but not much.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
1 belt in 600 miles...
all testing/stock/turbo'd...

motor mount shim helps
XP shim kit helps if out of alignment
#039 sec spring helps since stock suks
proper pin weight/weight/RPM (7800-8000 max NOT 8100+++) is critical
belt adjustment critical (doo video is wrong)
dealers need to be more supportive/tune sled per riders elevation BEFORE it leaves
venting critical

SHR adj weights are a HUGE improvement and should be considered by all riders especially the low/high guys since my weights are the ONLY in sled adj weight!!

SHR kits come with the tools, weights, baseline instructions-BJ

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
First belt for me was 419 kilometres. I was riding in the deep snow. I was a little hard on it and the thing exploded, clutches were boiling hot. Wasn't to worried at that point. Put a new belt on and 170 kilometres is exploded again after leaving the cabin on the trail....belts are costing more then fuel....talked to two dealers today and sounds like they aren't even willing to look at it....I can't even ride my 850 anymore...Time to pull out the axys 174 even though I'd rather ride the 850....bs. What am I supposed to do with this "warrantied" machine that I can't even ride. Who needs parts!

Lol. Same here, last two rides I let my wife putt around on the 850 and I rode my new Cat! No more belt issues.

Premium Features