• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"March Madness" - Riding in epic Colorado pow with some hilarious friends!

G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin
Nice video.

What kind of camera and software do you use? Do you use a tripod or a monopod at all? I need to upgrade to an HD camera soon and am just looking around at different models. I am looking at getting a Sony Handycam CX405. Go Pros are cool but there are so many POV videos and not enough of ones like these. Great snow, great footage. Keep em coming.

S
Feb 28, 2010
Nice pow

Great filming and camera quality, beats my 4 year old go pro. What kind of camera are you using ,your shots when it was snowing came out great and clear .when it's snowing or overcast I just put my camera away because I know it won't pick up anything. Good job

Motodrew

Lifetime Membership
Hey gang! Thanks for the compliments. All I use is my iPhone 6S. I shoot in 1080 @ 60fps & occasionally record slo-mo in 1080p @ 120fps. The video quality for my purposes is good enough and I often just take screen captures of video to grab photos to share with my friends. Then, I use the iMovie app to cut/edit the short films I make. It's really easy & quick to learn how to use the iMovie app. Note: If you have the iPhone6+ or 6S+ the camera has built in image stabilization which works even better.

I agree with your opinions on the GoPro footage. Unless you are using it for close shots on a bluebird day, it doesn't quite grasp the features, steepness, etc. With what little helmet/ bumper footage we have gotten this year I'll throw that into a larger edit at the end of the season.

Last edited:
G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin
Thanks

I'm due for a new phone anyways so it looks like an Iphone 6+ it is. Going to check out the IMovie app and see what that's about.
Thanks again. And let us know when your final edit is done.
I would like to start making some videos and blend some POV footage into them as well.

Premium Features