• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

not impressed with the 2017 so far.

DooTraxx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Calgary, AB
Can you say fat girl? That is what it is. You can't change that. It is no different than the Yammies. The turbo and supercharged Yammies are beasts in every respect. They are also HEAVY! The 850 weighs almost 450 pounds dry! That is ridiculously heavy.

Well this is a laughable statement. I used to ride a turbo Yamaha and this is nothing like it. They are heavy!! The couple of extra pounds difference on the Polaris and Doo is not even worth mentioning when you are riding them.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
im thinking you don't see to many mxz in mountarous regions, and most in the eastern trail systems, cross country racing.. Low elevation riding.. Would be my popular guess

More than anything it's what your use too and what you like.. Between the tra and shockwave helix it's been pretty tuneable..

FYI all primary's are adjustable, All primary's have an assortment of springs, ramps or flyweights, solid pin & hollow pins (if your brand requires them) ... By the way all secondary's are adjustable as well each brand has an assortment of helix profiles and springs as well ... Many of you guys by aftermarket clutch kits from guys with knowledge who have taken the time to do the tuning for you.

Hmmm, way doesn't the 2017 MXZ come with adjustable clickers ?

DPG

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
FYI all primary's are adjustable, All primary's have an assortment of springs, ramps or flyweights, solid pin & hollow pins (if your brand requires them) ... By the way all secondary's are adjustable as well each brand has an assortment of helix profiles and springs as well ... Many of you guys by aftermarket clutch kits from guys with knowledge who have taken the time to do the tuning for you.

Hmmm, way doesn't the 2017 MXZ come with adjustable clickers ?

DPG

I don't think anyone said other clutches aren't adjustable. Just that the clickers allow you a relatively quick means for a fine adjustment of the RPMs. No more no less. Let it go.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
im thinking you don't see to many mxz in mountarous regions, and most in the eastern trail systems, cross country racing.. Low elevation riding.. Would be my popular guess

More than anything it's what your use too and what you like.. Between the tra and shockwave helix it's been pretty tuneable..

Actually in the spring time when the snow is hard riding short tracks is a blast in fact more fun than a long track and way faster track speeds.

DPG

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
As for torque #'s should be 111 - 112 just based off cu. in
at 50.83. Or based off peak power at 7900 would be 109.69, but usually torque peaks 200 rpm below peak HP. The question is how are they controlling the powervalves electronically, smooth even opening or in stages? I bet this engine will make more than the advertised 165 and be closer to 171. Nice thing with the crank is you can have aftermarket rods for turbo applications. Or how about titanium rods and remove some of the counterbalance weights that are bolted to the throws. Just think a 86mm piston and you have a 955cc torque monster that can spool up super fast!
Mike

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country

This sled is a big improvement for ski doo. I ride 16 axys and pump gas turbo and I was impressed with it. I've got time on a XM too and I hate it. The new doo rides well and has great power. It will dominate any stock sled on market in power. Handling my axys wins all day bc of how nimble it is. If I was climbing up and down the doo is a monster. The doo is getting nimble and with that power if they keep it up I consider trading up to a doo again. It will take a diet for the doo and some good side hill ability to change me the rest is close though. Btw I love my axys

Premium Features