• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why do YOU pay to use this site?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I better get a reply in because I wont be able to view my own post here shortly.

Thanks for all the feedback. I will remain a basic member until thhings change around here. I hope others that are frustrated with the BS do the same also.

CHRISTOPHER............
you reading ANY of this and are you going to do ANYTHING about it?

Eric

PS.........I like how this post got moved out of the general section so it wont get much more attention. lol classic

I am reading every single post about that Push Video.
And I am moving all of the threads here into the USER FEEDBACK forum to make it easier to point out all of them to the Staff at Harris Publishing to make sure they are FULLY in the loop on your comments!

Right now there isn't squat that I can do about it.
I have NO control whatsoever over the boarders of the Forum. Harris Publishing owns and operates that territory and controls all of the content that is displayed there. My job is to take care of the "forums" itself and all content here.

I am doing my very best to make sure they fully appreciate how much our members do not like the "Push Video" being sent to them.

I am working on a possible solution.
Hope to have something for you in January.
But there is almost no chance at all of anything happening before everyone is back in the office from the Christmas / New Year's Break.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I am reading every single post about that Push Video.

There is 100 responses to the subject "Why do YOU pay to use this site?" and many complaints within those reponses and all you took from it was we don't like the "push video"?

lol......You should be in politics. Eric

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Right now the video ads are the #1 issue that I am receiving PMs, E-Mails, TXT messages and other thread posts about.

That is THE issue that has my attention right now.

There will always be things about the forum that bother or annoy one member or the other, I will never be able to make it perfect for everyone. So I try to go after the issue that effect the largest cross section of our members. Right now, thats the Video Ads.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
:typing::ranger:whatever during the day somehow SnoWest pops up (even with Adblocker) lol
HATE that the ads take over the page to the point of pissin me off....
:grouphug: you guys and would ride with everyone met on here ( exceptions know who they are ) because we are all here for the same reason...
And the humor is second to none...Except Tech . LOTS of good people helpin out..
This place rocks..

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
You guys who are whining do realize there are other forums that are free right? They have annoying ads, idiots posting about what color helmet mohawk will work with their neon under hood light system and moderators who do nothing to stop the garbage from piling up. They are great....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I've joined a lot of forums, one that I keep coming back to is this one. I've been here since '99 and don't see me going anywhere.
Snowmobilefanatics has posts for 3years ago on it's main Mtn page.
BCR is really really slow but good when there is movement.
Dootalk has a bunch of guys that think a RT1000 is the best thing going.
ArcticChat is slow and full of kids banging ditches.

There are others, but I don't frequent any of them, as a whole, as often as I frequent here.

I would prefer that the sections get condensed a little. I love the way the swap is set-up. But I'd like for General, Mtn, Perf(as in what it grew to), and fouled Plug to be in decending order together. As that is how I visit the forums. I wander to different areas here and there, but not often.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I also wanted to add, free memberships for guys that whore posts is total BS.

If I even ventured into threads into Fouled Plug that spur that, I'm sure I'd have 10,000 posts too. But I do try to keep my posts educational, if not always sarcastic.
Especially sarcastic. Except for this one. I'm serious in this one. :face-icon-small-sho

Honestly tho, a better way to offer free memberships would be based off of the ratio of thanks received and number of posts. That lends more credibility than post total alone.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Why on earth would you move this thread?

I HATE it when you move threads.
Does the world tilt off it's axis if a thread exists in what you think is the incorrect sub-category?

It's a thread killer is all it is.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
Life member $60

super cheap, premium membership is the way to go, free digital copies are well worth the cost of membership alone.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
SW. Yes I will Pay $ For Sure

We were just in Alpine WY. We posted a thread here on Snowest that we needed help because one sled had a broken throttle block assembly (5 different components). We had several replies instantly, and that's no exaggeration. jdw1 replied that Togwotee Mountain Lodge does have the parts we need and that's where we went to get them! The Polaris dealers in the area were worthless. We drove 22 hours to get to Alpine so it's not fun having a sled down. Thank you jdw1, Togwotee Mountain Lodge, and most of all? Snowest!:lips::lips::lips:

Premium Features