• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2001 rmk 800 no start

W
Jan 17, 2011
Sedro Woolley, Wa
So yesterday I decided to clean the carbs on my sled cause it didn't want to idle at all. When it is cold and you pull the chokes it sputters and then nothing untill the choke is taken off then it would idle for about two min and then slowly die. Runs great when your on the throttle but have to hold the throttle a little to keep it running.

So I tore them down to clean them noticed that they were actually pretty clean inside but when I was putting the needles back in one of them didn't have the little white washer under the clip. Could this be a problem?

So I put the carbs back on and started cranking and nothing chokes on or off. Pull the plugs and they are wet and turn the engine over and a little bit of gas comes out. Put it all back together pull and she tried starting but then dies. Tear plugs out again and same thing a little bit of fuel comes out. Put it back together and tries to start and I quickly hit the throttle and it bogs out. Just found out about the crank case drains and will try that when I get home tonight and see if there is more fuel in there too.

The brass t handle adjuster was at one turn out and is still at one out. The motor is pretty much stock except for pipe and can and individual filters for the carbs. I ride usually at 1500-5000 feet not usually more than 4500 though.

Premium Features