• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stator resistance on 04 800 rev?

C
May 26, 2011
I purchased a 2004 skidoo 800 rev. It has been sitting for 3 years. Drained fuel from tank and carbs. Fresh fuel, fired right up and ran about 30 seconds untill it died like someone hit the kill switch. No spark. Have checked all connections. they still have grease. I would like to trouble shoot this without getting bent over at the repair shop. Does anyone know the resistance value for the stator wires??? Thanks

M
Oct 24, 2008
Fort St James
I purchased a 2004 skidoo 800 rev. It has been sitting for 3 years. Drained fuel from tank and carbs. Fresh fuel, fired right up and ran about 30 seconds untill it died like someone hit the kill switch. No spark. Have checked all connections. they still have grease. I would like to trouble shoot this without getting bent over at the repair shop. Does anyone know the resistance value for the stator wires??? Thanks

I feel your pain. I just went through an electrical problem and have a few new dents in my head from trying to troubleshoot. My problem turned out to be the stator, only I still had spark, the sled would run, but my dash was doing funný things, and the sled was really low on power. I tested the crap out of my stator every way people could think to test it and everything seemed ok. The conclusion I came to was that unless a guy has access to an oscilloscope there is no good way to test a stator.

Based on your problems you could have a bad pickup, coil, mpem, or regulator. I would say the stator is less likely. Make sure you track the wires to make sure you can't see any damage to the loom. Other Þhan that, try to swap out parts for known good stuff.

Good luck
Murray

Premium Features