• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

High oil consumption

T

tpollon2

Dec 2, 2007
Calgary
Out of curiosity I checked my fuel to oil ratio. 21 to 1. I was not happy. Upon further investigation, I have a fraying cable near the oil pump. Not that tough of job but not that easy either to determine this. Not positive but I believe the cable is getting hung up and this is causing the oil pump to stay open more than is needed. 2008 XP 154 with 2500 miles.

O.K. I am positive!!!!! Guys I removed my cable today. Holding on by about 6 strands. Did not look that bad when cable was still attached to sled. Monitor your oil consumption. If it is out to lunch and your adjustment is correct you likely have the same problem. I am certain it would not of made it one more ride!:eek:

A
Nov 27, 2007
Peters Creek, AK
Where is the cable located??

Where can i find this cable? I havent looked at mine yet but i guess i better. Also, if the cable is in good condition what is the correct adjustment? Im getting to be around 2500 miles and im sure thats a long awaited adjustment. Thanks...

D
Nov 20, 2005
Where can i find this cable? I havent looked at mine yet but i guess i better. Also, if the cable is in good condition what is the correct adjustment? Im getting to be around 2500 miles and im sure thats a long awaited adjustment. Thanks...

adjustment is 16.6mm and the oil cable is also the throttle cable . so when u replace it u r replaceing both for they come as one part...

A
Nov 27, 2007
Peters Creek, AK
Access??

Whats the best way to get to the adjustment? Remove exhaust can and the plastic baffle that holds all the hose's together? I was following the cable down around the engine and i cant see where it goes. Thanks..

Y

yam_apex91469

Jan 24, 2007
Byron, IL
I have seen posts similiar to this quite often and they all were 08 summits. The problem seemed to be the way the cable was routed. Did they fix this for the 09's? Has anyone had this happen on an 09?

B
Nov 10, 2009
Calgary
We are Doo's R&D Dept

XP'S and their problems,The motor mounts are weak and a change has been made to the 10's to bad there was not a recall for 08's and 09's and a free brace, Hand warmers suck, Throttle cable and oiler cable problems, Air intake sucks litteraly snow and if you don't add aditional air intake point they starve for air side hilling on left side. Come on Doo get your SH*T together and provide a product that the public doesn't have to R&D. This is getting old started in 2005 with the 1000 and continued on into the XP platform. Oh yeah get us 800 with injection so we can run turbo's hassle free I hear it's in the works and could be available late this year or early next year.:face-icon-small-fro

Premium Features