• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hurricane Katrina Vs Devastating Iowa 500 Year Flood

R
Dec 3, 2007
HURRICANE KATRINA VS DEVASTATING IOWA 500 YEAR FLOOD

Why aren't all of the Hollywood celebrities holding telethons and asking for help in restoring Iowa and helping the folks affected by the floods?

Why isn't the media asking the tough questions about why the federal government hasn't solved the problem?

Where are all the FEMA trucks and trailers?

Why isn't the Federal Government relocating Iowa people to free hotels in Chicago?

When will Spike Lee say that the Federal Government blew up the levees that failed in Des Moines?

Where is Sean Penn in his rescue boat and the Dixie Chicks?

Where are all the 24/7 lurid news tales of cannibalism and unnecessary drownings?

Why did Iowans evacuate so prematurely; why are they not holed up in deathtrap sports centers?

Where are all the looters stealing high-end tennis shoes and big screen television sets?

When will we hear Governor Chet Culver say that he wants to rebuild a 'vanilla' Iowa, because that's the way God wants it?

Where are the people declaring that George Bush hates white, rural people?

Why are the Iowans not complaining more and demanding to be saved?

How come in about 2 weeks, you will never hear about the Iowa flooding ever again?

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Because rural folks tend to know how to take care of themselves, where city folk don't.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Shaw, Montana
Iowa did not have the beer LOOTER!

God, where is scott and some of his pictures when you need him.

In reality, people in Agriculture or live in Rural areas are not popular with the tree huggers. You know, we are bad stewards of the land and all. That and they dont like cheap food. How did you like corn hitting 7+ on the board when the flooding started. crazy.

M
Nov 26, 2007
MI
Because Iowa is not a bunch of crybaby inter city idiots! Most rural folks I know are way too proud to take goverment handouts!

And some in other areas leach off the system that the rest of us hard working individuals pay for. Emmmm government cheese and food stamps.

O
Feb 17, 2003
Waverly, IA
the river in cedar rapids outgrew the 500 year flood plain 3 days before the crest, i know most of you are far far away from us, but it was just amazing, TV doesn't show it all. It was like driving through the florida keys on I380. Those people down south can have those fema trailers, we'll make it. We rely on family and friends, they rely on the government(us taxpayers).

I know tons of people up here in waverly/cedar falls that got torched with water, from what they've been saying FEMA is trying to **** everyone, the people i personally know aren't taking anything from FEMA so they can keep their house. My buddies grandparents got offered 40 thousand as a buyout on a 125k house. Ain't nothing that can't be fixed.

A little town new hartford, population 1200, got hit by an F5 tornado in May and a 500 year flood in june. They say 80-85 percent of the towns houses are done for between both events, but you won't hear about that on NBC.

The government can just leave us alone and go help those katrina victims.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sldgy

River of chit
River of chit
Flow on, flow on, river of chit

Big Brown River

They have problems enough without the Feds getting involved.

catssuk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Edgerton Wi.
up here in wis, we got hammered with 14" of rain in 2 days:eek: just like iowa :cool:pretty much half our state was flodded big time:( even lakes emptied from dams and levies breaking. and heck yesterday, my house was still sitting in 6 feet of water:mad:.has been since 2 weeks ago. i figure ill be able to get backin it around aug-sep to start the cleanup:face-icon-small-dis. i dont care if i get any help from any gov agency. ill just rebiuld it and move back in. the best part, its already almost july, and i havent mowed my lawn all year yet:D

ever herd of a song city boy can survive? no because one day without youtube and a supermarket and there DEAD! now a country boy can survive, hell just to see if i could i headed out into my back yard one day and diddnt come home for a week i walked to the top of the mountain and back down, i started with my bb gun a knife and a pack of matches it was the most fun ive had in along time

F
Jan 23, 2002
on another site
ever herd of a song city boy can survive? no because one day without youtube and a supermarket and there DEAD! now a country boy can survive, hell just to see if i could i headed out into my back yard one day and diddnt come home for a week i walked to the top of the mountain and back down, i started with my bb gun a knife and a pack of matches it was the most fun ive had in along time

Ever "herd" of English?

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
wheres iowa? is that where they grow all dem taters

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
Iowa did not have the beer LOOTER!

God, where is scott and some of his pictures when you need him.

In reality, people in Agriculture or live in Rural areas are not popular with the tree huggers. You know, we are bad stewards of the land and all. That and they dont like cheap food. How did you like corn hitting 7+ on the board when the flooding started. crazy.

well ppl in ag are just part of the big farming like big oil. thats what i've heard:face-icon-small-con

and the press is hoping the flood with hit new orleans then they'll make it in to a hay day

Last edited:
Premium Features