• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Guess I’ll Be That Guy

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Thanks for being "that guy" I've been wondering when Polaris would be releasing 2020s after doo re-released the 2019 line up and called it "2020".

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
Come On....

Short tunnels are all the rage!!!! Burandt has been buttering everyone up. Doooooooo tooooooooooo.

So BNG, removable sno flap, AND shorter tunnel.

Sheds 0.5lbs!!!

Yep....gonna spring order 4 sure.

OTM

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
March 5th?

So is March 5th the date then? I still haven't seen anything concrete yet about a release date.

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I just hope they fix all the bugs with the 850! If they get QC and the mapping fixed with BNG I would be happy. Oh and maybe a burandt edition with a shorty tunnel!

M
Feb 19, 2019
The real question is will they have the issues with the 850 sorted this year?

As someone who has been in the market for a new sled and was looking at picking up a 2020 Assault i'm kinda nervous to pull the trigger now.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
so 2020 might be the year for mass overheating threads.

Yeah, after reading about the new Ski-Doos, I wonder about that too. It's easy to overlook until you're overheated. Even for me: 90% of the time I can run around without a care (2" track), but last time I rode I took off down the trail with scratchers up and got the temp light. I'd think if they do the long track, short tunnel thing, they'd still offer the original configuration. And I'm sure no one's going to buy "the one like Burandt rides" and barely go off-trail... :face-icon-small-dis

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
The real question is will they have the issues with the 850 sorted this year?

As someone who has been in the market for a new sled and was looking at picking up a 2020 Assault i'm kinda nervous to pull the trigger now.

I still would be hard pressed to go 850 unless year 2 has significant reliability/drivability improvements recorded. My current 800 runs so good it would be depressing to get a bogging, plug eating dog.

Dream sled from Polaris would be below

-Adjustable foot hoops
-Short tunnel
-Fox QS3/IQS3 rear arm shock so you can lock it on the go from handle bar
-Smaller seat
-Make storage behind windshield more useful than it currently is, IE larger

Premium Features