• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ProClimb on Fire

F

Firetrail

Nov 29, 2007
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Had my 1100T on fire last week. Stopped for a break and there were flames coming out the vents on the clutch side. Needless to say I removed the side cover pretty fast and threw a lot of snow in there. What happened is a piece of the insulation by the primary let loose, folded over and was rubbing on the primary. It started on fire from the friction and nearly "burned down" my sled. What kind of foolishness is putting flammable insulation in the engine compartment any way?? Luckily I got the fire out before it did any significant damage except for some soot inder the hood and around the vents. The belt shield probably kept the flames from damaging the wiring harness above it. Needless to say I am in the process of removing all under hood insulation. If you have insulation in there I personally would rip it out because I know from first hand experience that It is not flame proof and will catch on fire.

Last edited:

Bubba

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
turkey ridge sd
I have two of them and headed out tomw to ride may just pull that crap out before we head west, i had a 1100t in 12 she would get dam hot on that side till i changed the primary.

Premium Features