• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Product Release WRP Rev Seat

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
Just got my seat in the mail today.. Love the look... Very clean, the bag on the back isn't as bad as I thought from the original pictures.. Actually I'm kind of happy they incorporated one, now i don't have to find a way to stick some other big bag on my tunnel..

I'm not sure the argument about the UV rays and gas is that applicable. there is only about an extra 5" by 8 " area per side that is uncovered.. that's alot smaller mass than the factory front triangle that is alot bigger.. and if you leaving it out all summer uncovered in the sun with gas in it, then the UV rays effect on the gas will be the least of your worries. On a plus side its alot easier to see how much fuel is in there having a so called side window..
my .02

VERY HAPPY THANKS>>

Do I see that you already ground off your mounting nuts on the supports?

M

mightymg

Dec 4, 2007
Mountain Green Ut
Octane in fuel deteriorates quicker than one might think.......I have not ridden in over a month and will dump the fuel and start fresh before next ride.....whenever that is :face-icon-small-dis

Also, thanks for your pics.....I wondered what the open sides looked like with a clear tank.

Agreed, but is that deterioration due to UV or just age? I was mostly speaking concerning the UV rays, I would assume most would cover the sled or have it inside when its not being used.

We need some snow.. Monte cristo was showing some decent asphalt a few weeks ago on the road... BLAH! up top was just mediocre..

I live 6 miles from snow basin, and that mountain is looking pretty rough.. PLEASE SNOW!

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
Agreed, but is that deterioration due to UV or just age? I was mostly speaking concerning the UV rays, I would assume most would cover the sled or have it inside when its not being used.

We need some snow.. Monte cristo was showing some decent asphalt a few weeks ago on the road... BLAH! up top was just mediocre..

I live 6 miles from snow basin, and that mountain is looking pretty rough.. PLEASE SNOW!

Both.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Just got my seat in the mail today.. Love the look... Very clean, the bag on the back isn't as bad as I thought from the original pictures.. Actually I'm kind of happy they incorporated one, now i don't have to find a way to stick some other big bag on my tunnel..

I'm not sure the argument about the UV rays and gas is that applicable. there is only about an extra 5" by 8 " area per side that is uncovered.. that's alot smaller mass than the factory front triangle that is alot bigger.. and if you leaving it out all summer uncovered in the sun with gas in it, then the UV rays effect on the gas will be the least of your worries. On a plus side its alot easier to see how much fuel is in there having a so called side window..
my .02

VERY HAPPY THANKS>>

You're right, I don't mind that one bit....

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
No not yet, the corner of the seat hides them.. I am going to take them off, and powder coat them yellow here soon.. I have to use my powder coating unit for something..

Funny, I live right at the bottom of Ogden Canyon right close to ya. Powder coating huh? Want to do my supports black?:face-icon-small-hap

Got another ride on the seat and I am really LOVING IT!!

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I like the narrowness of the seat. I had a BOSS on my sled for all of about 3 minutes. Sat on it twice, called a tech over to sit on it, took it off, put it in the showroom and sold it the next week.

I disliked the width of the BOSS, something that WRP has addressed by the look of the pictures. I narrowed my stock X seat because even it was too wide. And the bag is definitely growing on me, especially when I remember that the only storage I have is on my back.
Looks are a secondary thought for me, even though I voiced my opinion on the look of the bag from earlier, it's a function thing before looks for me. Opening the side of the tank and the cross members is not a big deal. AT ALL. It doesn't look like my sleds will be getting much if any miles on them this season so any upgrades have been put on the shelf, but if I was going hard like last winter, I would absolutely order one of these to at least put into my hands and see for myself what I thought of them.

Product looks good and I bet it functions even better. Congrats on another great product WRP!

M

mightymg

Dec 4, 2007
Mountain Green Ut
Funny, I live right at the bottom of Ogden Canyon right close to ya. Powder coating huh? Want to do my supports black?:face-icon-small-hap

Got another ride on the seat and I am really LOVING IT!!

We will have to go riding then...

I will do your supports for you.. Give me some time to modify my double ovens in the shop to one large oven so the long stuff will fit, then we will knock it out.. I have some good hot coat gloss black powder..

Lane

S
Jan 27, 2011
Boise
I like it

I'm all about the weight savings. Seems like you could save a bit more weight if you took another 4" off the back of the seat. I like the seat, I don't mind seeing the framework or the tank, not a big deal. Keep up the r and d.

S
Jan 27, 2011
Boise
I like it

I'm all about the weight savings. Seems like you could save a bit more weight if you took another 4" off the back of the seat. I like the seat, I don't mind seeing the framework or the tank, not a big deal. Keep up the r and d.

M

Marc WRP

Apr 27, 2009
www.wr-products.com

Its funny you mention that, we tried like hell to make it as short as possible but we had to somehow conceal the coolant lines at the rear.

Thanks for the input.

Marc WRP

M

mightymg

Dec 4, 2007
Mountain Green Ut
Heres a few more pictures of it on the snow all mounted in there.. I am extremely please with the seat, It is comfortable and looks very clean.

I am powder coating my side support arms this weekend yellow to match the Sled so i will post up some pictures after thats done..

Thanks again Marc.

M

Marc WRP

Apr 27, 2009
www.wr-products.com
Heres a few more pictures of it on the snow all mounted in there.. I am extremely please with the seat, It is comfortable and looks very clean.

I am powder coating my side support arms this weekend yellow to match the Sled so i will post up some pictures after thats done..

Thanks again Marc.

Thanks for the pictures, i will post them on my site in the image gallery.

Sled looks good!

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden

Thanks again Marc.

Looks good Mighty. I am loving my seat as well. Get many compliments on it.
If you are serious about some black powder coat on my supports I would take you up on it.
Give me an idea of cost so I can try to line it up. PM me if you would like.

Great product Marc- I need to grind off the bolts on the sides of my supports and clean it up a bit. I don't imagine a stock seat will ever be going back on it. Good Riddance!!

M

Marc WRP

Apr 27, 2009
www.wr-products.com
If you are serious about some black powder coat on my supports I would take you up on it.

Great product Marc- I need to grind off the bolts on the sides of my supports and clean it up a bit. I don't imagine a stock seat will ever be going back on it. Good Riddance!!

So are you going to go ride it this weekend?

M

mightymg

Dec 4, 2007
Mountain Green Ut

Yeah Ill do it for you, I have my long oven set up almost complete, no need to pay me, but when im ready to do it for you, just make sure you have some one sand blast it for you.. Im gonna do mine yellow this weekend, so ill let you know how it all works.

Got a long ride in yesterday over by the back side of powder mountain.. I cant say enough good things about this seat.. I have used the bag to its capacity already ,I couldn't imagine not having one.

Premium Features