• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Review of 37''A Arms

B
Mar 9, 2010
I have a 2004 ski doo summit rev and was wondering if the 37'' alternative impact a arms will help lay over easeyer and sidehill better? :face-icon-small-con

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
alternative impact

I have the 37" on my 08 xp. Huge difference. You wont be dissapointed with this mod on the xp. The rev already carves pretty well so I am not sure what it would do for this chassis.

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
How is your front skid shock and limiter setup? I prefer my shocks in the middle positions on the front, long strap and max the preload in the center shock and if your weight will allow run the rear torsions in the middle.

This will induce some ski lift when climbing, however it will make the sled super easy to lay over. A blip of the throttle and hang your weight off to the side you want to go and she will lay right over.

I was given this setup advise when I started to explorer the "carve" and the side hill, with the added advise to ride it this way for a few rides. This will help you learn what the sled likes, then start to add ski pressure and reduce transfer to your taste.

Honestly the REV needs no help carving... I find most are just pourly setup or guys are trying to hard.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
How is your front skid shock and limiter setup? I prefer my shocks in the middle positions on the front, long strap and max the preload in the center shock and if your weight will allow run the rear torsions in the middle.

This will induce some ski lift when climbing, however it will make the sled super easy to lay over. A blip of the throttle and hang your weight off to the side you want to go and she will lay right over.

I was given this setup advise when I started to explorer the "carve" and the side hill, with the added advise to ride it this way for a few rides. This will help you learn what the sled likes, then start to add ski pressure and reduce transfer to your taste.

Honestly the REV needs no help carving... I find most are just pourly setup or guys are trying to hard.
You guys can twist and tune all you want and when you get it to carve as well as you can - Then add 37 in. arms.will carve about twice as good .Simple geometry .

Coblue

Premium Member
May 15, 2010
Jacmmaxwell- how much do you weigh?

haleyeah13

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Sheridan, WY
37 inch a arms

Was looking at getting these too. Does the shocks that I have on the stock front end work with th
e 37 inch wide front end or do you need different shocks.

A
Aug 19, 2009
Im wondering about the narrower stance as well. Right now though i have fox floats in the front and for tippin the sled over they suck. Wondering about keeping them then go narrower or switchin to my stock shocks????

haleyeah13

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Sheridan, WY
When I called for the a arms he did tell ne that he had some shocks that he highly recommend. I think they were a captor or something like that I didn't buy them haven't heard much about them and they were a little pricey to buy with out doing alot of research on them. I will just stick with my fox floats and c how they work. He did tell me though that those raptor shocks had a 20 clicker adjustments on them.

Coblue

Premium Member
May 15, 2010
Besides Byeats, what do the rest of you guys that did the group buy last year think of the 37 inch arms?

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
I like the arms a lot, but when mounting them on my RT with Fox Floats, I had to remove the lower bolt from the upper shock mounting bracket. I am going to try using a T-bolt, not much clearence there...

RT build 017.jpg

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
Chuck the bolt in the drill, then go over to the grinder and spin the drill and grind about 1/2-2/3 off the head of the bolt. Doing it this way makes a perfect bolt.

I had to do this on my RT to mount floats with stock arms.

Premium Features