• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

slp or rk tec?

G
Feb 15, 2009
Kelsey knows his stuff, Most guys that have problems with his kits, try to be smarter than he is hahaha. Use the stock pipe and can(or skinz Q cans), and dial in exactly how he tells you too. If this is done, you will be blown away by the kit. I have seen them on many sleds and right now i am waiting for my own big bore kit..... But his kits rely on the stock pipe and a very unrestrictive can (stock or super q or ultra q). Go with rktek, his drop it kit hauls but if you wanna be the fastest, highest and most intense sled in your area go with one if his big bore kits. Just call and let him know where you ride and let him tell you what to do. And DO NOT try and beat his system, or you'll spend time in the shop kicking yourself in the ***.......
Hope this helps.

RKTek drop in kit for 800 with make the power than the full slp performance ak makes..... More money for fuel and beer. Seems to make sense to me.

Ill Named

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lets see , RKT vs SLP ? Here's my opinion: I am on my 4th year of my rkt827. Just this year I finally got er dialed rite in. 14:1 head, 380 mains, 2300'-10000', Boyesson reeds, skinz super-Q, tra3 race ed, tss-04, 7t avids, 162x16 3"p 2.5"er, 19-43, & a boss highrise. For an 800, this sled flat out rips now, haven't met an 800 that can beat me yet, unless it's some 140lb punk riding it. This fall I tore it apart to put a new crank in and everything looked perfect. So I would say that my money is on the RKT. Something about slp stuff just turns me off for skidoo (except they're cold air intake) I used to run it alot on my old polaris's and for some reason they always seam like a polaris speacialty company to me, but that's just my opinion.
Cheers

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
Stock pistons suck, they heat soak on long pulls and fade. BJ and Kelsey's dual ring pistons do not. I am real happy with my SHR840 and BJ's customer service is second to none. For 2G's I'd rather have a new top end.

S
Jan 27, 2011
Boise
Rk tek rocks!

Just had rk tek 800 drop in kit built up, followed all of Kelsey's instructions and I mean ALL. This 2004 rev 159 at a mere 6000' pulls so freaking hard. I'm very pleased that its turning 8400 rpm on clicker 3. All I can say is build it the way that it was intended and you'll be as pleased as me.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Rkt hands down over slp. I have ran and burned down sleds with each head, but the slp gains are next to nothing and require more fuel, where rkt gains are noticable and require less fuel:face-icon-small-hap Follow instructions and use good non ethanol fuel and you will be stoked with the rkt. PS The only time I had issues using rkt heads or BB was when I tried to use non reccomended exhaust systems. (pppcan:face-icon-small-disspi full pipe and can:face-icon-small-dis)

Premium Features