• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Blowing 30A Battery Fuse, Short?

C
Mar 14, 2016
My first problem was the machine had no power because the fuse fell out, yes, somehow it fell out. So I stuck it back in and hooked up the battery for a second and found I had power. I then let it sit for a week before coming back to it to hook everything up and go shred. But now the fuse keeps blowing.

I've tried diagnosing the problem by unplugging everything and hooking up the battery, but still 'pop' goes the fuse.

I have a wiring diagram and a multi-meter but I am still having a hard time with this.

I have unwrapped portions of the wiring harness and I have found no problems yet, seems like the next step is going to be pulling the tank off.

Any suggestions anyone?

(2013 m1100)

C
Mar 14, 2016
Bad Voltage Regulator

I examined the wiring harnesses as best I could, pulled the fuel tank and could not find any damage. Based on the wiring diagram I knew the voltage regulator was in play. I performed a standard VR test and it was clear that the regulator is toast. Hopefully this is the only problem. I believe the VR was damaged by running the machine for a while with the battery fuse dislocated.

I have to give a shout out to Woody for helping me solve some of the problems I've had with this sled.

Now I am wondering if I can buy a different VR for this machine. OEM price is $100. Aftermarket ones are less than half the price and appear to be higher quality.

Any thoughts?

Premium Features