• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Grass Drags

G

gobluenytro

Oct 28, 2009
Grass drags

Central Iowa snowmobilers pick the date
Of oct. 28 for their grass drags & swap meet.
In marshalltown at the fairgrounds
We will be having a 120 class

M

mtncat800

Nov 26, 2007
Central Iowa
ATV Bracket Class

Any chance that Ankeny or Marshaltown would consider an ATV Bracket Class? We are just coming off of the NSRA series and we had one there for points this year. It was a great time and was a chance to bring more exposure into the sport.

4strokesmoke

Lifetime Membership
May 17, 2011
iowa
Any chance that Ankeny or Marshaltown would consider an ATV Bracket Class? We are just coming off of the NSRA series and we had one there for points this year. It was a great time and was a chance to bring more exposure into the sport.

You know I watched them do some bracket racing with quads and sleds up and jesup last year and yes it was very entertaining. Speaking for Ankeny it's something we've never discussed. We've seemed to always get a good turn out of sleds to not need anything else. It would be something to discuss for future year but it won't happen this year. Just to close to the actual event to add or change anything. Heads up quads would be a possibility, bracket racing?- I believe our system is capable of doing it, just a matter of how hard to change that everytime.

I will try to get a flyer posted up shortly for our drags, but the date for them is Nov. 4

M

mtncat800

Nov 26, 2007
Central Iowa
You know I watched them do some bracket racing with quads and sleds up and jesup last year and yes it was very entertaining. Speaking for Ankeny it's something we've never discussed. We've seemed to always get a good turn out of sleds to not need anything else. It would be something to discuss for future year but it won't happen this year. Just to close to the actual event to add or change anything. Heads up quads would be a possibility, bracket racing?- I believe our system is capable of doing it, just a matter of how hard to change that everytime.

I will try to get a flyer posted up shortly for our drags, but the date for them is Nov. 4

Well we will will have ours there and if anyone has a sub 7 second ATV then we will line em up. See you in a few weeks.

4strokesmoke

Lifetime Membership
May 17, 2011
iowa
Sounds good we will be having radar runs again this year so you can at least run it in that. Otherwise the D&D guys have a turbocharged Thundercat quad im sure they would race you with!

Here is the flyer for our drags this year. New date same location. Please also be aware that they are working on the road underneath interstate right next to the airstrip yet and it may not be open in time. The easiest way to get there from intrerstate would be to get off at the elkhart exit, go east, take the first right to go south and then continue on that till you get to NE 110th.

grass drags 001.jpg

G

gobluenytro

Oct 28, 2009
CIS is having a radar runs if you want to bring it.
Sorry we didn't have class maybe next year.
Registration 8:00am-10:00am
No late entries no exceptions so the races can start at 11:00am
Admission $5:00
Pits $10:00
Free swap space if need to sell Something

Premium Features