• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

98 Ski-doo Summit X 670

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
The can you want for that machine is the HPS, get a hold of Big John on here or go to sledheadracing.net (Big John's business) and he'll set you up.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Check all you Heim joints on each end of the tie rods and steering arm mine are worn and sloppy, and also the plastic bushings at top and bottom steering post mounts those get sloppy too.

Wildcard28

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
I like my MBRP, its not to loud or raspy, sounds good.

I liked my MBRP race can on my std 670 too! But, after talking with Scott at HPS and learning that they will build one for your riding altitude I was sold. If I remember right the MBRP did lose a little power as the HPS had no power loss. I added the 670X pipe and HPS can per BJ's recomendation and loved it!!

E
Dec 8, 2008
Chelan area
I liked my MBRP race can on my std 670 too! But, after talking with Scott at HPS and learning that they will build one for your riding altitude I was sold. If I remember right the MBRP did lose a little power as the HPS had no power loss. I added the 670X pipe and HPS can per BJ's recomendation and loved it!!

- Model: MXZ 670 H.O./ Summit X 670 H.O.

- Version: Standard

Power Gain: +1.5 HP
Weight Reduction: -6 lbs

I didnt notice any power gain, weighs noticably less though.

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
- Model: MXZ 670 H.O./ Summit X 670 H.O.

- Version: Standard

Power Gain: +1.5 HP
Weight Reduction: -6 lbs

I didnt notice any power gain, weighs noticably less though.

Yeah, I know what they advertised, but if I remember right it was a slight loss - that could have been at altitude though...........I know one thing for sure, I loved the sound of the "Race" can on the 670.:beer;

M

meierjn

Nov 11, 2008
I like my MBRP, its not to loud or raspy, sounds good.

Ditto that. I checked mine compared to stock with a DB meter and at idle was only couple DB more and at about 4-5K was about 5 DB more than stock. Lot deeper, throatier rumble though.

E
Dec 8, 2008
Chelan area
Ditto that. I checked mine compared to stock with a DB meter and at idle was only couple DB more and at about 4-5K was about 5 DB more than stock. Lot deeper, throatier rumble though.

Agreed.

Yeah, I know what they advertised, but if I remember right it was a slight loss - that could have been at altitude though...........I know one thing for sure, I loved the sound of the "Race" can on the 670.:beer;

I Just wanted to put it out there so others knew aswell, i wanted the "race" can but had no luck finding it, they said they were discontinued... :(

Premium Features