• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Intake air sensor relocate kit

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
Had it on my 13 with the bdx hood. Bdx hood is garbage btw. And now on my 14 with the reaper hood. Basically eliminates the low end bog. Imo is a must do on the pc.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
is reaper still making head light delete with cold air intake

No, he sold his design to evolution power sports. Kit should be released soon.

The relocate works well, ran it on my 13 and 14 with the slp powder valves. No bogs on either sled and great throttle response.

Last edited:

1rarel78

Feb 29, 2008
Spokane WA
Good to know, have been considering this mod as my 14 has the same bog at times. I have done the Cutler intake and headlight delete. The intake looks like **** but is very functional IMO.Happy new years !!!!

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
Had it on my 13 with the bdx hood. Bdx hood is garbage btw. And now on my 14 with the reaper hood. Basically eliminates the low end bog. Imo is a must do on the pc.[/QUOTE. What kind of problems are you having with the bdx hood?

The flimsy block off plate melted from the pipe heat. Secondly the kit is useless unless you relocate the temp sensor. I brought that up to bdx over the phone and the response was "we thought about it but decided not to". oh perfect, the motor that is fairly sensitive to air temp definitely shouldn't have the sensor in the intake tract. :face-icon-small-dis

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
That is strange, since in my instruction manual from BDX, it says that I need to move the air temp down to the front of the sled.

BUT it also says that I need to cut the wires and splice into the wires in front with some cables down with the ECU area.
But I did the SLP cable and put the air temp into the hood just above the intake, and taped the air temp cable to the hood after I put some aluminum tape under it to make the hood more heat resistant :)
And then I don`t have to mess around under the hood to unplug the SLP cable before I take the hood of. Now I can take hood of just the same way as before.

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
I should add that my kit was a fairly early one and I did the relocate myself anyways. Just thought it was crazy that I noticed something in the first 5 seconds of looking at their kit that they didn't care to address in a whole year of testing.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
Have the SLP air temp relocate kit with my BDX hood and nothing has melted on mine :)
Works great, less bogging, but the build quality on the hood is not the best one I have seen. The pine cone push tabs are just stupid :p

Premium Features