• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Reason for no edit function

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
I have been told by the mod that harris pub is worried that people will pull there threadfs because of the pay for the site deal. So there fore no editing . This is bs 100 percent. Wonder why people are upset???

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
I've only noticed this in the section I had some boots on. I couldn't edit it to delete it. And now that I have them sold I need the thread to go away. I'm sure if I PM someone it will be taken care of.:D:D:D

F

firecatguy

Nov 26, 2007
End of the Road!!
I agree this is B.S... but they have good right to be worried as people will start to delete older threads. why leave all the info for SW to sell?

Last edited:

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
What irony, all my info was prolly wrong, now your stuck with it. lol. EW

I'm sure you had something that was right EW!

as it is I just added this line via edit.....is this only in some sections you can't?

R
Nov 26, 2007
East Chester Idaho
Whooda thunkit?

Just a hunch, but I'm thinking someone was trolling yesterday, taking names and just a select bunch have lost their edit function. Got my stuff yesterday, never crossed my mind to delete anything, I just didn't want to lose access to it if his holiness gave me the boot.

Confidentiality Notice: This post and any attachments contain information belonging to Revpilot which may be confidential. This information is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or other use of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please notify the sender immediately.

Last edited:
S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
i cant edit the thread.."why do cats allways get the highmark?".
must be good info:)

G

Good to Go

Banned
Nov 21, 2007
North Bend, WA
You can edit now. :beer;

Yes, you can... it never went away..sorta.

negative.

You are correct...one can still not edit....sorta

You can edit info, just not when it is over a week old... I believe...

Not true...really.

LISTEN UP FOLKS.....
If you START the tread, it appears that you cannot edit anything in what you wrote. Even in later posts.

If you're posting IN a thread, you can edit all day long.

It's their site, they can do as they please. Personally, it's sucking the fun out of it faster than a good fart.

I understand what they think they are doing...protectionism. But I think, like a lot of their choices have been, it'll backfire more than it will help. Seriously, I have zero incentive to start new threads on here. Wait and see will continue.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
LISTEN UP FOLKS..... If you START the tread, it appears that you cannot edit anything in what you wrote. Even in later posts.
Sorta. The time thing applies.

You can edit info, just not when it is over a week old... I believe...
That is what it looks like to me. I have some threads that I have started. I can't edit the first three posts on there, but the one I added today I can.

A little of column a and a little from column b it seems. ;)

Last edited:
H
Nov 26, 2007
Preston, Id.
JUST A LITTLE TASTE OF THE FUTURE

AT LEAST IT PROVES THEY REALIZE THEY'RE TRYING TO SELL OUR DONATED INPUT

Not being able to DELETE an original post was implemented days ago..:confused:

BEE......SEE......ARE......

Last edited:

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
yes this is theft as far as iam concerned its my posts & info if they want it they can pay me for it.:mad:

It's not your post. You are posting it on a PUBLIC (open to the public but privately owned) forum and the servers belong to THEM.

You agreed to that in the terms of agreement which I doubt you read, most don't, me included.

Premium Features