• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Leak down test 600

S
Apr 8, 2018
Working on a 15 600 Indy sp that’s blown up. Trying to figure out what caused it to burn down. Exhaust and reed boots are capped and I lose air faster than I can put it in. Is there anywhere other place I could be losing air? Can’t be a pulse line with injectors. I haven’t pulled the engine yet hoping the case isn’t cracked

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Does it still have water in it? Forcing air into it with a leaky head seal would pressurize the coolant system.

I'm guessing a ring is allowing the blow by. I had a broken ring on mine and it ended up eating the transfer port.

S
Apr 8, 2018
It still has the water in so I should be able to build pressure with the cap on the reservoir or at least get bubbles in the water. Ring leaks don’t matter since you pressurize the whole engine cavity. I can hear air leak out and can’t pin point it with the engine in the sled still. I was hoping I missed a line or something and that’s where the air is going

Premium Features