• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP intake sensor relocate

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
The only 100% fix for the down hill gargle that i have seen first hand is the DSI. Man that engine is smooth. Would like to know if the SLP relocate would help my 14 though. It really sucks sometimes!

Mountain Cat

I
Sep 23, 2016
I have the sensor relocate and have yet to install it....ive read conflicting reviews on it. Last season I added 8 bulls eyes up front and left sensor in stock location and it cleared up a little hesitation it had off idle. It would seem to load up some letting it idle before, then when youd stab it it wouldn't always rev out like it should. Ended up a lot more consistent with the bullseyes added

Edit. I do have a full pipe and reeds on my 15 if that makes a difference. D&D monster kit with their tunes

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
Did relocate with the BDX headlight delete hood and I rarely get the bogging after this. Only on the really hot days I can experience it once or twice. It helped my sled at least but I ride the sled stock otherwise and at sea level.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I have one on my '14 and very rarely notice any bog. It makes sense that you would want the computer reading the air actually entering the engine. I've seen no negative effects

R
I never did the relocate being all stock. When I did do it, it was with my Jaws Big Shark and the sled would barely run. Puke, fart and hick up continually. Nothing but flood. Moved it back and ran like like a top like before.
This spring, I went all out with a 925 from Brent Linderman in BC, and he recommened NOT to do a relocate. Still have the extension wire.
Sure didn't work for me..

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
The only 100% fix for the down hill gargle that i have seen first hand is the DSI. Man that engine is smooth. Would like to know if the SLP relocate would help my 14 though. It really sucks sometimes!

Mountain Cat

i wonder where they mount it on the new 8. Thought i read somewhere that its mounted down in front of the TBs on the 6, but i could be wrong..

leaning towards forgetting about it on my 17.

O
Dec 9, 2010
High falls, NY
I'm cheap and saw how simple it was to extend and move. Just cut the wire near the plug and added in some. I have had no ill effects on my sled since relocating it. No Low end bog or hesitation at all. Reall crisp and smooth throttle response. Especially on and off the throttle. Sled has jaws pipe, boyesen reeds, and a custom nose style intake. Also relocated my buddies on his stock 14 with just a can and his runs much smoother now. We ride low and high elevation a well. Hope this helps

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
i wonder where they mount it on the new 8. Thought i read somewhere that its mounted down in front of the TBs on the 6, but i could be wrong..

leaning towards forgetting about it on my 17.

You are correct the sensor is mounted just in front of the TB. It is a new sensor called a T map, I could not find an air sensor like the Suzuki used.

Last edited:
Premium Features